diy solar

diy solar

Is a LiFePo4 charger just a CCCV charger?

I think I missed the mark with my picture joke. I was implying it's easier to run wire in a car that is already rusty and full of extra holes. Can't nail every joke.?

I didnt think that was the joke but i was gonna try and make it the joke.. so i guess i was halfway there! ?

I love this discussion of low current overcharge as thats one of my weakest points, at least among the ‘known unknowns’ lol.

I totally agree that bypassing the charge ports and hardwiring is ideal. Even if you use one of those ‘add-a-circuit’ fuse spacers on a fuse block, that’s still better. Since fuse blocks are pretty accessible, there shouldn’t be very much disassembly of anything required to create your dedicated charge plug, if you go that route.

Ive wired entire standalone EMS’s and rewired antique vehicles (which is actually less wires than just an ems) and i teach automotive electrical classes at a community college and the biggest advice I could ever give is to not be intimidated. There are things you need to learn and know but in my opinion you gain far more from the knowledge and experience of a small electrical project, than the effort you put in to learn and do it. Electrical knowledge just keeps giving and giving. It’s an excellent time investment to push yourself to installing this dedicated charge circuit.

Back