diy solar

diy solar

Is my set up safe?

The recirculating shower is simply to use as little water as possible, but still have more the a two minute shower. The run off from the shower is passed through a basic canister sponge filter(each user has there own sponge & disinfected in milton between uses). A small pump simply pushes the water flow back through the shower head. If you start off with 0.6 litre of water boiled from microwave and you add it to 1 litre of cold water, you can then prime the whole system with approx 1.5 litre of 40 deg c (approx) shower spray. After a days hiking in the hills, a spray down and a rub with a sponge using nice warm water...is a luxury....lol. You can stay under the shower till the water turns too cold, or you can have a jug of warmer water in the shower to 'top up' the heat. Not perfect....but beats carrying gallons of water for showering.
Thats a fantastic idea. we waste so much van water on showers!

That's too long.
The fuse should be as close to the terminal as possible to minimize the chance of a short upstream.
What length would you think ok? I have these already on their way, so not keen to order others. Any other 'safe' fixes you can think of?
Thanks for your input.

That's too long.
The fuse should be as close to the terminal as possible to minimize the chance of a short upstream.
are you suggesting something like
directly onto the battery, and having the fuse holder hanging off it?

are you suggesting something like
directly onto the battery, and having the fuse holder hanging off it?
I wasn't suggesting anything but what you are suggesting looks pretty nice.
Ideally it should be m6->m10 though and bottoming out in the hole could be an issue.
I would expect lots of folks here are using this https://www.waytekwire.com/item/45575/EATON-s-Bussmann-Series-MRBF-Mounting-Bar-/ on an m6 post.
If the application is stationary its probably ok.

Back