diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS settings?

Ray Clout

Hello Members
Wondering is somebody can confirm a setting on the JK BMS
The status screen displays the sense wires value garnered from a self test....you can see from the image, the wire values for my setup are pretty close
On the settings page, and under "Advanced Settings" are a series of value input fields for each cell....called Con. Wire. Res.xx"
Am I correct in thinking these are the cell interconnection busbar resistances?

Another thing......on the status page, the yellow text alerts me to change the password......and it constantly flashes on and off.....annoying. I DONT want to change the pasdword, which I assume will make it go away.....but......is there any other way to make it go away?
TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124_163923_BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124_163923_BMS.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231124_163850_BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124_163850_BMS.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 33
I don't see any issues with your battery/BMS. I'm pretty sure the resistance values shown are the resistance values for the sense lines. The "busbar" resistances, assuming you're talking about the resistance of the connections between the cells, should be much lower than that. I assume the settings page allows changing the value if you know it to be different than what was calculated, but I've never found a need to change it.

You might be able to change the password and then change it back if you don't really want to change it. I just changed mine to "1" to make it easier to type (don't tell anyone!).

I don't see any issues with your battery/BMS. I'm pretty sure the resistance values shown are the resistance values for the sense lines. The "busbar" resistances, assuming you're talking about the resistance of the connections between the cells, should be much lower than that. I assume the settings page allows changing the value if you know it to be different than what was calculated, but I've never found a need to change it.

You might be able to change the password and then change it back if you don't really want to change it. I just changed mine to "1" to make it easier to type (don't tell anyone!).
The user manual does state that the values shown on the home (status) page are the values for the sense wires and are calculated following a bms self-test, but not a word about the changeable values.
I'm surprised this question hasnt come up before.
I like the method you used to changed the passwd.?

You might be able to change the password and then change it back if you don't really want to change it.
You can't, I tried.
I just changed mine to "1" to make it easier to type (don't tell anyone!).
I did the same thing. So much easier to switch between BMS's.
If you don't hack into mine, I won't hack into yours. lol

Back