diy solar

diy solar

LFP for EV's projected to be less than $56 per kWh within 6 months

IF ev sales are faltering I’d blame the manufacturers for predominantly offering 60k vehicles and not something for the entry level buyer

Customers do not want entry level cars.

Margins in the car business are crap. They can't build the stuff any cheaper than they already do. All they can do is delete optional features and nobody wants a car without air conditioning and only hand crank windows with vinyl seats.

Customers do not want entry level cars.

Margins in the car business are crap. They can't build the stuff any cheaper than they already do. All they can do is delete optional features and nobody wants a car without air conditioning and only hand crank windows with vinyl seats.
And then you see the new toyota trucks built very minimalist offered in most other countries for 10-15k and because it won’t clear EPA I’m sure, we can’t get it here.
Millions would buy these.
Of course, it’s not for everyone. My point is surely there is a market for both and at the moment it’s very slim for the cheap skates to be in the ev market

Not everyone wants everything plus the kitchen sink in their car.
Not all college students or new grads fresh in the job world are buying 60k cars.

Edit: and maybe I’m simply incorrect on the above assumption about what people want. Maybe you’re right and that market is dead, I didn’t really consider that lol

And then you see the new toyota trucks built very minimalist offered in most other countries for 10-15k and because it won’t clear EPA I’m sure, we can’t get it here.
Millions would buy these.
Of course, it’s not for everyone. My point is surely there is a market for both and at the moment it’s very slim for the cheap skates to be in the ev market

Not everyone wants everything plus the kitchen sink in their car.
Not all college students or new grads fresh in the job world are buying 60k cars.

Low end cars sit and do not sell. People do not buy them.

They want Honda Civics and Model 3s. Not Nissan versas.

If they build cheap cars (what do you consider cheap?) they wouldn't sell.

Back to the topic of batteries. Check this out, they went from 30 GWh per month Li battery production to 90 GWh within a year! Wow. LFP is 60 GWh of that. They going to hit 850 GWh for the year.
View attachment 189625
Docan claims they have the LF560Ks now. Price seems too good to be legit

Gotion was 4th in production in that link you shared but I rarely see threads with people using their 340ah cells to build
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1482.jpeg

Do you have a link? I cant find it.

Not a single picture of actual cell. Only renders. Is that Docans official store?
I wasn’t sure if that specific link was, so I then went to their official store and found it on their store. Price was the same. Details appeared the same.
I can’t find it anywhere on the actual Docan website though
I don’t have an Ali account or I would have inquired to see what they said

EV market is dying. I have to put a diesel heater in mine to drive in the cold. Getting rid of it in a few years. Oh don't buy Docan, few of mine are already having trouble charging past 3.38v. I don't see a long life for the Eve from Docan.

EV market is dying. I have to put a diesel heater in mine to drive in the cold. Getting rid of it in a few years. Oh don't buy Docan, few of mine are already having trouble charging past 3.38v. I don't see a long life for the Eve from Docan.
Which vehicle is this?

There's a whole lot going on here that's the result of different portions of the battery economy and the vehicle economy moving at different speeds, and it's not terribly indicative of anything except the market continuing to ramp up.

Lithium is down because more supply is coming online. That provides feed to rapidly expanding manufacturing which has caused a moderate price crash. This is a supply event not a demand event. It stands a very good chance of making a dent in prices and fueling the next big wave of battery adoption.

Yes, EV sales are down. It can't possibly have anything to do with interest rates on vehicle loans running in the 8% range could it? The cost difference in a vehicle loan between 2021 and now is going to be not far off the price difference between the EV and non-EV versions of a given vehicle (where that's comparable like the Kona). Also the vast majority of EV buyers are going to be aware of the subsidies in the US, the entire structure of which just changed with the '24 new year. Is it any wonder no one bought EVs in Q3-Q4'23 when they could wait six months for a better subsidy? And perhaps a lower rate?

I expect we'll see EV sales pick back up within 2024 and I imagine cells will continue to drop.

New EVE Cell at RE+ 2023: LF 560K (628Ah Cell)​

Several companies are releasing 500AH+ Cells Q1-2024, these include EVE, CATL, Gotion amongst a few others.
Smaller producers are either going out of business or being bought up & absorbed by the bigger players. There is a Market Housekeeping process going on which is actually overdue.

NOTE there will be some Awesome Deals BUT with a Caveat, especially with products from the smaller players. Additionally there is a lot of NOS (New Old Stock) sitting in warehouses that have to be moved which will result in some pretty aggressive marketing. IF POSSIBLE WHEN ORDERING - ASK for the Date Codes on the cells.. !! NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT WITH NOS cells but stick to less than 18 months old if possible.

Remember that the EVE-560AH cells weigh in at 11Kg/24Lbs and that WILL affect S&H.
It will also have a serious effect on how you build a battery pack...
8S - 88Kg/194Lbs 16S - 176Kg/388Lbs... Won't be popping those in a server rack or wall mount.

ALSO A WARNING There is a LOT of Bafflegab Drama-Llama crud being pushed by certain subgroups... Use Common Sense, Prudence with Critical Thinking and many punches of salt... Don't fall victim to click bait "ganda". (Especially on Youtube & X {icks}).

Back