diy solar

diy solar

LG chem module

Olasod

I have found a guy who sells a bunch of the batteries above. He dont know the capacity, but they all measure 56,8 volt. They are built 2015 and come from a car factory, used very sparsely. They meassure L x W x H 300x150x200 mm (11,8x5,9x7,9 inch). They are watercooled. Can they be used for an RV? How do I get the voltage down to 12 or 24 volts? Can they be used as they are? Is it necessary to use the watercooling system or can they be used without it?
Ola

Why 12/24v? Do you have appliances that use DC or is that what your current RV inverter takes?

Water cooling will depend on our load and charging rates. M Tesla battery pack doesn't require any and I charge/discharge it at 12-15kW

12/24 was just taken out of the air. My RV has 12 volts. The question was more like ”how do I reduce the voltage to a usable number?”, in this case 12v. Do I need to take the module appart and change the wireing, or is there any device that can solve that? Will made a short video about his Tesla module. That he couldnt get full capacity out of it because it did not have the right voltage ISH ?. In the same video he mention LG but I cant find anything clever on YT that fits my very limited understanding for electricity ?.

I think the main question here is, what are you wanting to power and what power does it require? stepping voltage has inherit losses so unless you have a specific reason for it it's better to skip it.

For example, if your RV already has an inverter which converts 12VDC power from batteries to 120AC for house hold appliances then I understand changing the voltage to 12VDC to avoid replacing the inverter.

But to answer your original question about voltage stepping. You'd use a DC to DC step up or step down voltage regulator which would get the voltage to where you need it.

The thing is that he sells them for $100 each. There is alot of money to be saved here. If the money wasnt an issue, I wouldnt even consider this. Do anyone have a clue of the capacity of these batteries (size above). I cant find the exact version of them online. The QR-code cant be found by Google.
Ola

Back