diy solar

diy solar

LiTime vs LION Battery

LiTime uses A+ cells and a high grade BMS. Will seems to be impressed.

Very doubtful, in fact when they were ampere time it was clear the server rack battery tested was using grade B EVE 105 cells. Grade A cells start with AO lithium or SOK, SFK, Epoch Essentials and batteries at those levels, anything below its grade B most likely.

Those little white stickers with capacity tests are used consistently with grade B cells and grade B testing farms.

Last edited:
The Chinese company that seems to have the least amount of complaints is Redodo. Chins appears to be the worst.

I think all of them are owned By Enjoy Bot and they just brand them differently, all are run on shopfiy websites with a very similar design aesthetic.

The Chinese company that seems to have the least amount of complaints is Redodo. Chins appears to be the worst.

I think all of them are owned By Enjoy Bot and they just brand them differently, all are run on shopfiy websites with a very similar design aesthetic.
yeah its difficult to figure out.

so far ive seen litime, power queen and redodo sharing the same form factors for the products they sell.

But what’s the complaint ratio? If Chins has sold 50000 batteries and received 200 complaints, that’s different than if Redodo sold 10000 batteries and received 100 complaints. I don’t know the answer but someone at Enjoybot probably does.

And when Redodo came out, they were a nobody in terms of branding, but Chins had quite the established reputation by then (most of it good).

But yeah ultimately it’s how the company handles the complaints.

yeah its difficult to figure out.

so far ive seen litime, power queen and redodo sharing the same form factors for the products they sell.

Yeah the truth is I doubt anyone puts more than 100-200 cycles on these batteries over the course of the 5 year period warranty on these batteries so more the grade B is irrelevant. However, they need to stop claiming grade A, because you may just get someone who is cycling them daily or heavy use and is not going to like the results.

its more a preference. so many styles of batteries and brands.

more likely “comparisons” are LiTime vs EcoWorthy and LION vs Battleborn

Ecoworthy typically use grade B cells and lesser performing BMS. Stay away.

Battleborn made in the USA “game changing” old technology that isnt any better than many of the quality offerings out there. theyre uglyAF and sell at an unnecessary exhorbitant price.

its a sea of choices that you need to navigate to avoid the fly-by cheapos. otherwise if you prefer to pay a premium, its still a free country for now.

i just replaced my two 4year old Renogy’s with Power Queen Mini’s (i can fit 3 Minis where i could only previously fit two standard size batteries) and the Renogys still tested to 99% of the rated capacity.

the PQ Mini is a pouch battery just like the Renogy but regarding style thats where the comparison ends. me, if money were not a consideration i would keep the new Renogy REGO on my list among others. im not a fanboy, but they do batteries well IMO.

LION is a good product.
LiTime is a good product.

Dont try to make a marketing comparison. Know each batteries pros/cons and then be happy with your purchase.
I just need some cheap 48V solution just to get the inverter to run. Would ecoworthy be OK for that? It's on sale on ebay right now. I can get 4x 12V 10ah for around $130 plus tax. That's about 500whr. Any better or cheaper options out there?

I just need some cheap 48V solution just to get the inverter to run. Would ecoworthy be OK for that? It's on sale on ebay right now. I can get 4x 12V 10ah for around $130 plus tax. That's about 500whr. Any better or cheaper options out there?
The words "cheap" and "solution" dont always go well together. If you wanted something cheap and Ecoworthy is your selection then yes, it would work! However, placing 4 batteries in series (assuming the Ecoworthy is capable) adds extra expense and complexity in itself. IMO a single 48V battery would provide the better solution. And lucky for all of us finding a "cheap" or cheaper battery is becoming easier by the day.

Edit: I may have misunderstood your aim. You simply want to "get the inverter to run" and then you would presumably scrap the project? I mention because you would not gain anything appreciable from a 48V 10ah battery system (4x 12v 10ah). As I alluded there are more problems to this idea than it serves as a solution long term.

Last edited:
Back