diy solar

diy solar

Log-in/guest issues

PHoganDive

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone else have issues when logged in, in that every so often when you click on a thread, it will open that thread as a guest account, instead of under your logged in user name. Seems to happen to me about every 15-20th time. As a guest, it won't let me reply, and it doesn't mark that thread as 'read' after I'm done. If I re-click on it, it will open with me logged in normally. Haven't noticed any pattern to it, just a random failure to open the thread under my log-in.

Might be a cookie problem. Do you have a any cookie cleaners installed for your browser?

Can't say I've had it happen to me. Any chance your router's WAN IP is changing? That may be triggering the forum to force a login. Can you link to a forum post before and after the problem happened?

I'm on cable internet and my WAN IP hasn't changed in several weeks. My LAN IPs are fixed...using DHCP messes things up on a power failure in my experience...especially printers...other family members Mac's can't find printers when the IP changes due to DHCP issueing a new IP after a power failure. /rant_off
I open threads in a new window so the 'parent' thread stays open in a window behind it, and that window stays logged in fine, and if I reopen the problem thread, it will be fine...just seems to be something random where the login data isn't applied to the new window on occasion and it comes up as a guest.

I think I figured it out...I open new threads in a new window (right click and choose 'open link in a new window' from the list). If I accidentally click on the option right below that, which is 'open link in a new private window' it comes up as a guest login. I'll have to be more careful with my clicks... :)

Back