diy solar

diy solar

Looking for 70v or higher panels.

jeepin95

I have a limited amount of space so I am trying to find panels that are 70v or higher, maybe as low as 50v. I'm looking at the Apollo 5k so need 120v minimum to operate the PV charger. I saw an advertisement for some panels that were listed as 70 voc on the sticker but didn't show a name or model.

It would be nice to get there with 2 panels for a total of about 6 feet wide that I can ground mount, around 400w each.

Thanks

Those are pretty rare. Even 70Voc panels are only going to operate at about 112Vmp in 2S. I did a little googlage, but I couldn't find anything higher than about 65V. Those are typically 96 cell panels.

They are used almost exclusively for commercial applications.

I have a limited amount of space so I am trying to find panels that are 70v or higher, maybe as low as 50v. I'm looking at the Apollo 5k so need 120v minimum to operate the PV charger. I saw an advertisement for some panels that were listed as 70 voc on the sticker but didn't show a name or model.

It would be nice to get there with 2 panels for a total of about 6 feet wide that I can ground mount, around 400w each.

Thanks
SunPower Maxeon 3 400W solar panel.

Thanks. The link is helpful. The first page of google results did not yield that spec sheet.
They make really nice panels with very interesting specs, just wish their panels would be more available to individuals like us. Not just to companies etc.

Thank you for the info, I guess it gives me something to try and find, but doesn't look to promising :-( Maybe solar for my emergency backup just isn't going to be an option where I'm currently at.

Why can't you use multiple panels of a lower voltage and easy to get in series? The frames are only like an inch wide so you aren't losing that much space.

Back