diy solar

Looking for a 24v all in one inverter

I have this one.

Not stackable.
450V 80A MPPT
38W idle draw measured
23W idle eco mode measured
No N-G bond

Not fully installed. I've only tested it. Output sine wave looked really good on the scope at idle.
That's really good to hear. Previously I have had trouble with PowMr... It seemed that there are quality control with shotty and their specifications were very optimistic

I'm glad to hear a good report It seems like If they are able to pull it together they should be able to build some quality yet affordable equipment

I get it... And I agree with you. But what I can tell you is this... It's not for me, it's for a guy down the road who lives in a little RV from the 1980s, he doesn't have running water, and he runs a generator to power his air conditioner and television and such things

The comical part is even if he replaces this inverter it's going to still be significantly more affordable than the cost of generator fuel throughout the year

At the end of the day it's what he can afford to do
I can't say my decision was wrong, it just wasn't the best one. It has performed well in the 3years that I have owned the MPP AIO. I did opt to use a more efficient inverter for every day use to power my electronics, as the output is much cleaner on the scope.

did opt to use a more efficient inverter for every day use to power my electronics
Me too. The MPPSolar 1012LV-MK is there for a backup inverter, but I run a QZRELB 2000W inverter 24.7.365
Not a huge difference in idle consumption watts but by percent it’s better. The 1012 is a daily charge controller for one of my strings.

The MPP 1012 has been fantastic- I just wish the had a 2500W version.

I like the instant backup availability.

Me too. The MPPSolar 1012LV-MK is there for a backup inverter, but I run a QZRELB 2000W inverter 24.7.365
Not a huge difference in idle consumption watts but by percent it’s better. The 1012 is a daily charge controller for one of my strings.
QZRELB. I keep one of their 3000 watt inverters around... They're dirt cheap and they work really well... It's actually pretty impressive how low the idle consumption was I can't remember exactly what it was but it was just over 10 watts if I remember correctly?

can't remember exactly what it was but it was just over 10 watts if I remember correctly?
I get 18W with a clamp meter when it’s a “cold” hookup, but static tests I’ve done a few times elsewise are generally 26-28W ‘warm’ with the clamp meter, sometimes lower. Factoring for their manual stated ‘efficiency’ (that I can’t recall at the moment) when using the clamp meter current reading on the 120VAC side compared to the clamp meter current on the 12V side under a ~500W 120V load after a little quick math the numbers have generally agreed with each other predictively. So you might have a bit more idle consumption than 10W…. but does it matter? :)
In my opinion, anything under ~45W idle that dependably supports a truly offgrid situation is totally acceptable. In some circumstances 80W might be acceptable if it gets the job done- and panels are pretty cheap to add a couple while still costing in sum less than, say, flying all Victron blue colors when you are attempting to meet a specific goal. (Not picking on Victron it’s just good quality stuff that can be considered a reasonable high standard to compare commodity mid-shelf stuff to.)

So you might have a bit more idle consumption than 10W…. but does it matter? :)
In my opinion, anything under ~45W idle that dependably supports a truly offgrid situation is totally acceptable.
Yeah not really an issue... I totally agree that anything under 45 watts or so is just fine... And that's true it doesn't super matter at that point

The MPP 1012 has been fantastic- I just wish the had a 2500W version.

I still have a QZRELB 24/2000 - it has my inverter cherry.

Mpp Solar 3024LV-MSD
Parallel/stackable for 120/240 split phase
3000w 250voc charge controller which I think is perfect for 24v system using just about any type of panels.

Of course you post that the day after my Growatt 3Kw unit arrives... :cautious:
Growatt 3k unit the same thing with lower VOC, forcing you, for convenience, to use 60 cell panels if you want to max out mppt without going over VOC or more than 2 paralleled panels. The 250voc of the Mppsolar just opens up the convenient panel selections.

Growatt 3k unit the same thing with lower VOC, forcing you, for convenience, to use 60 cell panels if you want to max out mppt without going over VOC or more than 2 paralleled panels. The 250voc of the Mppsolar just opens up the convenient panel selections.
It has another 1Kw of panel support and is about $100 cheaper...

I would recommend the SRNE HF2430U80-H
I see it has been mentioned as a relabel multiple times already.
I recently bought an SRNE HF2430s60-100, very similar to the U models, but in 230v single phase (European).
I'm building a semi-portable solar generator for my dad, mainly for backup purposes.

I am still doing some testing, but I think it's a nice compact and capable unit.
Things I like/dislike (some in comparison to my MUST 3k 24v PH18-PLUS):

2. Seems like fans are quieter than my MUST.
However, this unit only has two fans at the bottom. My MUST has an additional side fan (for cooling the SCC I assume). The fans on the SRNE will go on when PV power is above 250w, but still somewhat quiet. On my MUST, one of the bottom fans is constantly on when inverter is on. The side fan comes on when PV power is above around 400w (but sounds like a loud vacuum cleaner!).
3. Has various settings for low voltage alarm, delay and cutoff. The MUST only has low voltage cutoff setting (alarm may be hard-coded to a certain value above that. I don't know since I never got so low...).
4. Idle consumption: Seems pretty low! Something like 14w. I know it doesn't sound correct, but that's what my BMS is reporting. The MUST takes around 50w idle.
5. Has proper battery studs, not like the screw terminals on my MUST. Also, all connections are internal to the casing, so neater and safer.
6. Has internal N-G bonding when in battery/solar mode!

Dislikes:
1. AC and PV screw terminals are somewhat cheap and flimsy like...
2. Works nicely with SolarAssistant, but voltages are set in regards to a 12v system (not sure who's to blame).
3. Kinda worried that under load and high power PV charging, won't be able to cool itself enough having only two fans, at the bottom.
4. Not sure if it's the inverter's fault or the battery, but under high AC load (2.2kw), I got a low voltage alarm, because of a large voltage drop. When not under load, or with smaller loads, the SRNE's battery voltage is pretty accurate. But under this higher load, I got a like 1.5v voltage drop. I'm using a 90Ah Lifepo4 battery, with EVE LF90K cells (higher C rates than the LF105) and a JK 200A BMS.
I rechecked all connections, didn't help. I guess I will need to continue testing, because I didn't have such a large voltage drop when using the same battery with my MUST inverter.
5. PV voltage is limit to 100v - I wish it was a bit higher, like 145v on my MUST.
I'm not very fond of the high voltage PV inputs of some AIOs (400-500v). First because I don't have that much PV anyways (needs higher start-up voltage). Second, because of some issues mentioned here on the forum (Will also addressed this on one of his videos) with AC leaking to the PV lines.

So that was my short little review of the SRNE. So far, I'm impressed with this little unit. I hope this helps.
Here's a picture from when I mounted it on a toolbox trolley (I've made progress since, but don't have updated pictures at hand right now):
SmartSelect_20240530-011829_Gallery.jpg

I don't have any experience with Growatt, but as far as I remember they were more expensive at the time I considered getting an AIO (that's when I decided on the MUST).
Also, I'm coming across alot of issues on the forums regarding Growatt units. Maybe because they are so popular? I don't know...

Last edited:
I recently bought an SRNE HF2430s60-100, very similar to the U models, but in 230v single phase (European).
I'm building a semi-portable solar generator for my dad, mainly for backup purposes.

I am still doing some testing, but I think it's a nice compact and capable unit.
Things I like/dislike (some in comparison to my MUST 3k 24v PH18-PLUS):

2. Seems like fans are quieter than my MUST.
However, this unit only has two fans at the bottom. My MUST has an additional side fan (for cooling the SCC I assume). The fans on the SRNE will go on when PV power is above 250w, but still somewhat quiet. On my MUST, one of the bottom fans is constantly on when inverter is on. The side fan comes on when PV power is above around 400w (but sounds like a loud vacuum cleaner!).
3. Has various settings for low voltage alarm, delay and cutoff. The MUST only has low voltage cutoff setting (alarm may be hard-coded to a certain value above that. I don't know since I never got so low...).
4. Idle consumption: Seems pretty low! Something like 14w. I know it doesn't sound correct, but that's what my BMS is reporting. The MUST takes around 50w idle.
5. Has proper battery studs, not like the screw terminals on my MUST. Also, all connections are internal to the casing, so neater and safer.

Dislikes:
1. AC and PV screw terminals are somewhat cheap and flimsy like...
2. Works nicely with SolarAssistant, but voltages are set in regards to a 12v system (not sure who's to blame).
3. Kinda worried that under load and high power PV charging, won't be able to cool itself enough having only two fans, at the bottom.
4. Not sure if it's the inverter's fault or the battery, but under high AC load (2.2kw), I got a low voltage alarm, because of a large voltage drop. When not under load, or with smaller loads, the SRNE's battery voltage is pretty accurate. But under this higher load, I got a like 1.5v voltage drop. I'm using a 90Ah Lifepo4 battery, with EVE LF90K cells (higher C rates than the LF105) and a JK 200A BMS.
I rechecked all connections, didn't help. I guess I will need to continue testing, because I didn't have such a large voltage drop when using the same battery with my MUST inverter.
5. PV voltage is limit to 100v - I wish it was a bit higher, like 145v on my MUST.
I'm not very fond of the high voltage PV inputs of some AIOs (400-500v). First because I don't have that much PV anyways (needs higher start-up voltage). Second, because of some issues mentioned here on the forum (Will also addressed this on one of his videos) with AC leaking to the PV lines.

So that was my short little review of the SRNE. So far, I'm impressed with this little unit. I hope this helps.
Here's a picture from when I mounted it on a toolbox trolley (I've made progress since, but don't have updated pictures at hand right now):
View attachment 218487

I don't have any experience with Growatt, but as far as I remember they were more expensive at the time I considered getting an AIO (that's when I decided on the MUST).
Also, I'm coming across alot of issues on the forums regarding Growatt units. Maybe because they are so popular? I don't know...
Nice well written summary and glad to see you seem be enjoying it.

What gauge wire are you using for your battery connection? You are pushing those cells pretty good at 2200W.

I'd suspect the idle consumption is closer to 30W, I've found BMS struggle to read low currents.

I've had no issues with cooling on my 10K ASK maxing out the MPPTs at 11KW.
I agree they could do better with the screw terminals.

I like that stubby ratchet.

Nice well written summary and glad to see you seem be enjoying it.

What gauge wire are you using for your battery connection? You are pushing those cells pretty good at 2200W.

I'd suspect the idle consumption is closer to 30W, I've found BMS struggle to read low currents.

I've had no issues with cooling on my 10K ASK maxing out the MPPTs at 11KW.
I agree they could do better with the screw terminals.

I like that stubby ratchet.
Thanks.
I'm using 4 AWG Silicone insulated wire (rated to 200° C) all round (including BMS to battery).
During that high load test, the battery was pumping out around 100amps. From various sources online, it seems that 4 AWG Silicone insulated wire should be able to handle that and a bit more (I've seen statements between 115A and 180A for this type of wire).

As for the cells, they are rated at 2C continuous discharge (3C peak for 30s). I was only a bit above 1C.
SmartSelect_20240530-084902_Chrome.jpg
As I mentioned, I probably still need to do some more testing to figure this out.
But to tell the truth, I doubt my dad will put such high loads on this portable generator. I was just stress-testing the system to see that it's performing well, even under high load (inspecting connections for heat etc...).
It will probably just run a fridge, laptop and charge phones (I have DC USB outputs on the toolbox) in an emergency situation. Probably a few hundred watts.
I first started this project with just an inverter, but later it came to me than a small AIO would be easier to install, having all the components in one. Also, I figured he might want to permanently the fridge on the AIO with AC IN connected, acting as a UPS.

As for the little stubby ratchet, yes, it's really helpful getting into tight spaces.

I forget to mention another valuable feature of the SRNE:
It has internal N-G bonding when in battery/solar mode!
(edited original post to add that...)

This saves alot if hassle if you want to use an RCD on the output, or simply dont want the output to be floating. My MUST doesn't have that.

I'm not sure if the 120v Split Phase model also has this, but worth checking.

Back