diy solar

diy solar

Lost connection

Baileydog

Hello guys, my Solis app was working great until I had a new router installed, and now we cannot connect to the inverter, do I have to put our wifi password in to the inverter as this is the only thing we have changed.

Thank you

Hello guys, my Solis app was working great until I had a new router installed, and now we cannot connect to the inverter, do I have to put our wifi password in to the inverter as this is the only thing we have changed.

Did you have to change the wifi settings of any of your other devices before they would connect to the new router?

What WPA version is the new router? Devices are commonly only backwards capatable 1 version ay best.

I.E if your new router is WPA3 and the inverter is WPA1 or WEP, the router probably will not connect.

Inside my router I have one SSID that is for surfing and internet for computers. I have a second SSID for my internet of things (IoT). This second SSID is configured for looser/lower security standards and is unable to reach anything on my local lan. If for some reason I need IoT stuff to be reachable from devices on then local network I add it to my regular SSID but put in a firewall rule to prevent it from reaching the internet.

Paranoid? YES!!! But, I once caught a wifi enabled camera sending telemetry to an IP in China for no good reason. So now I take no chances.

Back