diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

Here are photo's of 2 cases below. + Some extra information to help along.

I have 6 in process. 2 with Dual Hole Cells, 3 with Welded Posts, 1 with Screw Holes. The last 3 are existing packs being revamped & made identical to the new packs. All same cases, JK-Inverter Edition 200A with 200A Breaker and Single Post M8 Batt Terminals.

#1 with EVE 280AH dual-hole (Uses Solid Copper X Bar and Laminated Flexible Copper busbars)
#2 with EVE 280AH Welded Post (Uses Copper Mesh Flexible bus bars, X-Bar is same - with 3/4" Heat-shrink applied to all)

TIP: Install BMS wires to Display & COMMS Board before installing case front !

JKBMS Wiring Diagram with a bit of clarification: (pay attention)
1716136052173.png
Wiring Order: (IF 16S Cross Bar is applied to cells 8 & 9)
B5 = B4 or B9 = B8
B6 - B3
B7 - B2
B8 - B1

1716135143185.png1716135205692.png

1716135302122.png1716135374343.png

Case Lining : One Side shown
Foam Mesh between FR4 and outside of case. No Foam underneath or at back. Centre separator FR4 also no foam.
No foam between cells, only FR4 separators.
AT Front, it is FR4 & Foam between cells & BMS-mount/Pressure Plate.
The Foam I used is a Polyurethane Mesh (self sourced). Amy is providing edpm foam separators.
1716138348108.png

Hope it Helps, Good Luck

@Steve_S thanks for all your help. Not just on ordering the parts from Amy, but also on actually putting them together correctly. (y)

The boat with my order is supposed to arrive on the 28th, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get through customs and for UPS to deliver it.

No she said they were included with the cells, but I have older LF280N that I needed flexible bars for so I ordered 20 extra for them.
Awesome I specked dual hole 280kv3, But didn’t mention anything about bus bars.

I believe the flexible bus bars have the orange heat shrink like on Luyuan's Alibaba website and in the first picture in @Steve_S post #543 above. They are made up of many thin copper layers laminated together at the ends.

I believe the flexible bus bars have the orange heat shrink like on Luyuan's Alibaba website and in the first picture in @Steve_S post #543 above. They are made up of many thin copper layers laminated together at the ends.
Those busbars with Orange Wrap are the Laminated Copper Flexi's that Amy supplies, as are the Copper Mesh ones which I put black shrinkwrap on.

Doesn't look like the flexible version. Maybe not much movement in that direction.
I think the flexible bars are only needed for cell connections on the long face that bloats. Where as the narrow end doesn’t expand, so you can get away with more of a plate as a bus bar.

How long was that after the order was placed/paid?
She had to design the custom boxes on my specs and then have them made so longer than normal. My first order took seven weeks with Chinese new year in the middle, second order just box kits took five weeks. This latest order was ordered 4/20, I extended the shipping guarantee on this order.

Last edited:
I got confirmation that my order shipped too. I got a new BMS w/inverter communication.
And I got the faceplate with cutouts for the communication cables and the inner plate that holds the BMS.
I ordered 3 more JK BMSs w/active balance also. I think this one shipped air mail so I hope to get is fairly quick.

BMSwComms.jpeg

I got confirmation that my order shipped too. I got a new BMS w/inverter communication.
And I got the faceplate with cutouts for the communication cables and the inner plate that holds the BMS.
I ordered 3 more JK BMSs w/active balance also. I think this one shipped air mail so I hope to get is fairly quick.

View attachment 216682
"..shipped by airmail..."?
I did not need to know that was an option.
So I can chat with Amy late at night and get small light things delivered rather quickly? Not good for my addictive traits and poor after hours decision making!

"..shipped by airmail..."?
I did not need to know that was an option.
So I can chat with Amy late at night and get small light things delivered rather quickly? Not good for my addictive traits and poor after hours decision making!
Add in a beer or two and you'll really be in a mess.

So have any of you incorporated heating pads into your battery cases?

I got the new inverter JK bms (jk-PB2A16s20P) that has some heating pad controler built into it. It seems the previous versions only activates the heating pad when the low temp shut off is triggered. Is this this still true for the new bms?
That seems great for protection when storing but I am wondering it it wouldn't be better for a heating pad to come on a few degrees above the low temp shutoff so the battery stays active and useful.
So then would it be better to have a separate temperature switch for the heating pads inside the case that came on at say 5° above the bms low temperature shut off temperature?

This video says the bms can control 3A of heating pads. So does that mean with a 24V bms, I can use up to 72W of heating pads.

Are there any issues with directly drawing the power for the heating pad from the battery (and regardless if using the bms or a separate temperature switch)?
It would be nice to have everything contained within the battery case.

Back