diy solar

diy solar

LV2424 single phase parallel - not working - alternating SL and NE on slave unit

wolftimj

LV2424 single phase parallel - not working - alternating SL and NE on slave unit

Previously working system. One unit let the magic smoke out, new one installed but it won't come on in parallel. Both units work if turned on individually. Both units set to PAL, parallel cards installed, current sharing and comm cables triple checked they are in the right position. Whichever unit is auto assigned as slave (the second to turn on) then starts alternating SL and NE and the inverter output doesn't turn on. Either unit works as master and/or when turned on by itself. Cannot find any mention of "NE" in any manual. Tried with or without PV, with or without utility. Tried killing all power to them and letting them sit before restarting. Tried starting one at a time, both at the same time. If I unplug a comm cable it errors with a comm error so it seems to recognize they are connected. They also always negotiate the master/slave. Have never had a red fault LED turn on. No idea.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Have you upgraded the older unit to the same firmware/software version as the the new one?
I was just about to edit.... New unit has different firmware version. New 79.50, old 79.40.

So, how do I get and install it? Haven't been able to find the firmware online yet.

Previously working system. One unit let the magic smoke out, new one installed but it won't come on in parallel. Both units work if turned on individually. Both units set to PAL, parallel cards installed, current sharing and comm cables triple checked they are in the right position. Whichever unit is auto assigned as slave (the second to turn on) then starts alternating SL and NE and the inverter output doesn't turn on. Either unit works as master and/or when turned on by itself. Cannot find any mention of "NE" in any manual. Tried with or without PV, with or without utility. Tried killing all power to them and letting them sit before restarting. Tried starting one at a time, both at the same time. If I unplug a comm cable it errors with a comm error so it seems to recognize they are connected. They also always negotiate the master/slave. Have never had a red fault LED turn on. No idea.

Any help greatly appreciated.
I found this in my axpert manual.

1701657459721.png

Back