diy solar

diy solar

Added third inverter in parallel single phase - error 83

ddmbr

HEllo,

I have two Axpert 5.6kw inverters setup in parallel, running for months now without issue. I added a third today, configured cables and menuitem 28 to PAL as per manual, and it goes straight to battery voltage fault error 83.

1700354257327.png

From left to right:

Inverter 1: Firmware 05606 (New inverter)
Inverter 2: Firmware 05605 (Master)
Inverter 3: Firmware 05600 (Slave)

The above pic was taken when I reverted back to the working dual parallel.

I have tried the following:

Swapped battery cables from 2 to 1 and from 1 to 2. Inverter 1 still throws error 83, shuts down and causes CAN error 80 on Master.
Configured inverter 1 and 2 in parallel without inverter 3. Inverter 1 still throws error 83, shuts down and causes CAN error 80 on Inverter 2.
Started Inverter 1 first as master, inverter 2 and 3 both throws error 83, both shutdown and cause CAN error 80 on Inverter 1.

All roads lead to the new inverter it seems, noting that it runs fine on its own.

1700354902527.png

Probably but the vendor support is extremely poor and am having difficulty getting any helpful response so for those in the UK I would suggest avoiding EASUN if you plan to run parallel inverters.

Long shot here as I know zero about Axpert inverters and they probably don't have the same quirks as Synsynks... but I remember listening to Keith from Sunsynk (in his tidy office) about paralleling their inverters and he was adamant that they all have to powered on simultaneously.. Guess you've probably tried that, accidentally or otherwise, in your testing.

Video here..

Keith is sometimes full of it...

Turn on the batteries only.
My experience is turning on the Master defined one first. Give it 3-4 minutes.
Turn on Slave 1. Same wait period after.
Turn on Slave 2. Same wait.
Works perfectly here with Deye (same as Keiths Sunsynks...)

Then continue with PV on - 3 minutes - Grid if ongrid - 3 minutes - Loads.
Opposite turning all off.

Do you need vendor support for firmware updates - these should be available online, anywhere there is an internet connection?
I must be dumb as a box of rocks as I've been unable to source the firmware I need and how to do it. Would appreciate any pointers.

I did a quick internet search - didn't see it.
Maybe try searching the forum itself - I see a few threads about firmware updates for the EAsun/Axpert/Voltronic 5.6kW but I didn't go through the 60-posts to see if they had a link to the firmware in there somewhere.

Long shot here as I know zero about Axpert inverters and they probably don't have the same quirks as Synsynks... but I remember listening to Keith from Sunsynk (in his tidy office) about paralleling their inverters and he was adamant that they all have to powered on simultaneously.. Guess you've probably tried that, accidentally or otherwise, in your testing.

Video here..
When the ac input breaker connected to all 3 they do power on at exactly the same time in standby mode and the slaves that work flag error 83 which, according to the manual, means different voltage detected. I tried again today and inv1 shows 53V, inv2 53.1 and inv3 53.1 so I'm wondering if the calibration is out. If I power off inv1 and disconnect its ac input and repeat the process for inv2 and 3 they function as normal with no errors. I have no idea of the tolerance when it detects the voltage but its clear the inverters that work in parrallel show a different voltage to inv_1 although only .1V difference.

I did a quick internet search - didn't see it.
Maybe try searching the forum itself - I see a few threads about firmware updates for the EAsun/Axpert/Voltronic 5.6kW but I didn't go through the 60-posts to see if they had a link to the firmware in there somewhere.
Thanks, im not so sure its the firmware now as Im seeing different battery voltage readings detected between the new inverter and the 2 that work fine. Although only 0.1V difference its clear from the readings on the inverters they are different so possibly it was mis-calibrated at the factory. All battery cables are identical 1m x 35mm to the pack, the vendor suggesting its the cables but I tried swapping them around with the other inverters which work fine with the same cables so clearly not.

I should add the voltage is identical at the physical input terminals for each inverter, just the inverter screen output shows a different reading for the new one vs the other 2 that function in parallel without issue.

Attachments

• inv_3.jpg
    inv_3.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 2
  • inv_2.jpg
    inv_2.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 2
  • inv_1_different voltage_detected.jpg
    inv_1_different voltage_detected.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Keith is sometimes full of it...

Turn on the batteries only.
My experience is turning on the Master defined one first. Give it 3-4 minutes.
Turn on Slave 1. Same wait period after.
Turn on Slave 2. Same wait.
Works perfectly here with Deye (same as Keiths Sunsynks...)

Then continue with PV on - 3 minutes - Grid if ongrid - 3 minutes - Loads.
Opposite turning all off.
THanks, no matter what the slave(s) go straight to fault mode error 83 which is different battery voltage detected in the manual. I noticed the battery voltage reading on the screen for the new inverter is out by .1V so Im thinking not calibrated correctly at the factory. Have a battle now with the vendor to either take it back and give me another or refund.

0.1 volt difference is a fault?
play with some longer cables to bring them all to same voltage?
The voltage at the battery input terminals was identical for all 3 on my multi-meter. The inverter itself is reading a difference of 0.1 volt compared to the other inverters. I have a spare set of 2m cables, Ill give it a try.

0.1V is nothing. That might just be a longer/shorter cable. One of my 3 has that small deviation without any repercussions.

0.1V is nothing. That might just be a longer/shorter cable. One of my 3 has that small deviation without any repercussions.
If that was the case wouldnt it show up when I switched the battery cables from the new inverter with one of the others? No matter which of the 3 sets of cables I use in the 2 inverters that work in parallel the voltage reading on the display is the same whereas the new inverter always has a 0.1V difference. Again I dont know what the tolerance is but it flags error 83 which according to the manual is battery voltage difference detected.

1701659562799.png

Just to inform, after discussing with the vendor they capitulated and sent me the firmware and instructions. All inverters upgraded to the latest version and all now function as normal giving me a nice 16.8kw total. No changes to the cabling was required.

Just to inform, after discussing with the vendor they capitulated and sent me the firmware and instructions. All inverters upgraded to the latest version and all now function as normal giving me a nice 16.8kw total. No changes to the cabling was required.
Hi There, I have exactly this same problem with my 3 Easun IGrid SV IV inverters. Individually they work perfectly, but when set to parallel the slaves give error code 83. I have replaced all cables etc and measured voltages at the Inverters battery input terminals (all give same value on my Keithely 2010 DMM. I have tried to contact easun but they are not very responsive. If possible could you send me a copy of the Firmware Version that you used to do the firmware update.

UPDATE: After several weeks of dialogue with the EASun Technical Support team, it has become apparent that there is a problem with some of their firmware and software tools. Its a bit too much to describe here, but the solution seems to be a firmware upgrade for the DSP and Main Processor.

Having performed this upgrade on several installations (using EasunPower IGrid SV IV inverters), I can confrim that the upgraded firmware does resolve the SLF83 error (battery voltage different) and that the parallel operation works reliably thereafter.

Last edited:
Back