diy solar

diy solar

Lvx6048 issues making it unusable

tootall602

I installed my first lvx6048 in September 2022. 2 weeks later I had a 08 fault. This could be reset by turning all input sources off, which will shut down the inverter.
This happened several times over the next 3 months. Despite making recommended setting changes. Including a firmware 63.05 update. Finally, there was a 06 fault. I was directed to turn the unit off, and return to point of purchase. (Burnt diode)
The replacement unit was installed on January 7, 2023. The unit would not connect to the grid from the start. I was using the same settings as previous, including the 63.05 firmware update. Upon investigation, the input voltage reading fluctuated from 30-120 volts on L2. I reported the issue with not connecting. Switched L1 & L2, and L2 was still fluctuating.
Yesterday, I removed the input cable from the inverter. L1-N, L2-N, G-N all read 114 vac on the empty input terminals. Returning this unit as well.
Is anyone else having fatal issues with their lvx6048?

Seems to be a lot of issues going around witht his unit!

I got mine from Watts247, and he's been pretty tight lipped about possible causes.

Where did you get yours? I'm just wondering if its a bad design at this point.

Seems to be a lot of issues going around witht his unit!

I got mine from Watts247, and he's been pretty tight lipped about possible causes.

Where did you get yours? I'm just wondering if its a bad design at this point.
Solarpowerstore. The first unit ended up being shipped back to Mppt in Taiwan due to a burnt diode on the pcb. 2nd unit shipped back to store.

Attachments

• 20221227_160730.jpg
    20221227_160730.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 25
Yesterday, I removed the input cable from the inverter. L1-N, L2-N, G-N all read 114 vac on the empty input terminals. Returning this unit as well.
Why would G - N read voltage?

I installed my first lvx6048 in September 2022. 2 weeks later I had a 08 fault. This could be reset by turning all input sources off, which will shut down the inverter.
This happened several times over the next 3 months. Despite making recommended setting changes. Including a firmware 63.05 update. Finally, there was a 06 fault. I was directed to turn the unit off, and return to point of purchase. (Burnt diode)
The replacement unit was installed on January 7, 2023. The unit would not connect to the grid from the start. I was using the same settings as previous, including the 63.05 firmware update. Upon investigation, the input voltage reading fluctuated from 30-120 volts on L2. I reported the issue with not connecting. Switched L1 & L2, and L2 was still fluctuating.
, I am having very similar problems. I purchased 5 LVX 6058 units, but the one I am currently running at my business worked for only 3 months before it died. I will go into more details in a post about my experience, which is now going into its third week with no response from the company. Just to say, I have tried two units out of the 5 LVX and all have failed.

"Yes, I am having very similar problems. I purchased (5) LVX 6058 units, but the one I am currently running at my business died after 3 months. I will post more details about my experience soon, but I am disappointed with MPP Solar's lack of response. I have tried two more new units out of the (5), and all of them have failed." VIDEO error 32 is the first inverter installed. Video 08 is the second and third installed.

Attachments

• 20230807_094827.jpg
    20230807_094827.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6
Not a unit I would ever consider spending money on, yeah I know you generally only hear about complaints but the noise is just too much to ignore.

Not a unit I would ever consider spending money on, yeah, I know you generally only hear about complaints, but the noise is just too much to ignore.

I have two of them and so far I am pretty impressed with their abilities. They start and power everything I have thrown at them, 2.5 ton AC, 1.5 ton AC, microwaves, coffee pot, air fryer, hair dryer, etc. My only complaints so far are as you mentioned, the noise is ridiculous, especially when charging the batteries. Right now I am only feeding 2kw and 1.5 kw arrays into the two units (stand alone, not paralleled) and the units are obnoxiously loud when charging the batteries. I can't imagine what it is going to sound like when I start dumping 6kw into each. The other complaint I have, and I am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, is when I switch from battery to grid, the power drops out for what seems like a lot longer than 20ms. My AC controls reset, my computer UPS clicks over to battery, and the lights go out. It's not for long obviously, but it is annoying.

My lvx was working great until it suddenly died. That's definitely frustrating.I hope that MPP Solar will take my feedback seriously and improve their support and warranty policies. I would like to be able to trust that if I have a problem with one of their products, I will be able to get help quickly and
I have two of them and so far I am pretty impressed with their abilities. They start and power everything I have thrown at them, 2.5 ton AC, 1.5 ton AC, microwaves, coffee pot, air fryer, hair dryer, etc. My only complaints so far are as you mentioned, the noise is ridiculous, especially when charging the batteries. Right now I am only feeding 2kw and 1.5 kw arrays into the two units (stand alone, not paralleled) and the units are obnoxiously loud when charging the batteries. I can't imagine what it is going to sound like when I start dumping 6kw into each. The other complaint I have, and I am not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, is when I switch from battery to grid, the power drops out for what seems like a lot longer than 20ms. My AC controls reset, my computer UPS clicks over to battery, and the lights go out. It's not for long obviously, but it is annoying.
I can say mine worked great until it died!
I hope that MPP Solar will take my feedback seriously and improve their support and warranty policies. I would like to be able to trust that if I have a problem with one of their products, I will be able to get help quickly and easily."

I have 3 lvx6048 had them doing great for about 8 months knocked my power bill down from 320 to 100 but over the last 2 months they have really let me down . The main board fried at the negative battery connection on no1 the battery connection board has fried on no2. I'm still running no3 as much as it can give me. I have 32- 12 volt 150amp hour batteries wired for 48volt so that's 8- 48volt I'm assuming 1200amp hours with 4/0 wire. 2 arrays of 24 250 so 6kw each (very rarely over 3kw terrible sun here) I'm thinking there's loose connections where aluminum hits copper

The main board fried at the negative battery connection on no1
One of mine did the same thing. I am thinking there is a manufacturing flaw. Mine is out of warranty, but MPP said they would sell me a new mainboard. Waiting to hear back on the price. Got less than a megawatt out of it. :(

IMG_8001.jpg

$175 for the main board, $5 for the buss bar. Two months lead time. :( Honestly, not sure I want to throw more money at this. Might just take the hit and walk away. I swapped this unit out with an EG4 6000EX that I picked up for under $1000 shipped so I am not in a hurry (other than I do not have a backup). Painful to have a $1600 paper weight, but it is what it is... I will probably ride these two out as long as I can and see how well the EG4 6000XP does now that it is flooding the market. I thought I needed the transformer to power my AC units, but with the soft start, I don't think I do.

Back