diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

Tonight, for the first time ever since I have it, my MR started charging the battery from the grid!
But... but ... at the wrong time. It was still "medium rate" from my utility and I have no idea why it decided to start charging.
Also it did not discharge the battery to provide the load during "expensive" time-of-use.
I attached my current settings.
Could someone point out why/where the posible config is that points to start charging batteries from the grid at 19:35 (7:35PM) ?
Screenshot from 2023-10-13 21-43-04.png
Screenshot from 2023-10-13 21-43-54.png

Attachments

• megarevo_settings_2023_10_actual_settings.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 39
Looking at the date stamps inside the ZIP file:

The only thing "new" is the firmware updating doc & the directory "tool setup"
There is already a newer version available of the 2nd file:
HybridInverter8KSNA_v1.4.13.B03D06.out <- D06 vs D02 above

I collect all information I can find about MEGAREVO (manuals/firmware etc) at my personal website (no ads/tracking) at

and with all the firmware together in

Has anyone gotten this System Message? I've been trying to update my Megarevo for sometime now. But no luck so far.
The current firmware version is:
ARM: V1.03.06
DSP: V1.00.06
190100 000000

1698701914003.png

Tonight, for the first time ever since I have it, my MR started charging the battery from the grid!
But... but ... at the wrong time. It was still "medium rate" from my utility and I have no idea why it decided to start charging.
Also it did not discharge the battery to provide the load during "expensive" time-of-use.
I attached my current settings.
Could someone point out why/where the posible config is that points to start charging batteries from the grid at 19:35 (7:35PM) ?
View attachment 172215
View attachment 172216
Curious to know if you resolved the issue, and what caused the problem?

Same here I can't upload the .out file any solutions? The inverter completely crashed when updating the Firmware
Interesting to see some issues with updates. I just saw that Will crashed his unit when trying to update. I think he assumed he has a brick now. Would like to know if these problems are related to one certain firmware version or what. I would assume Will's would have been from Sig. Solar.

The seller is working on sending me a burner to upload the files. I will keep you guys posted.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 20.07.53_4f507159.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 20.07.53_4f507159.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 19
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 20.07.44_8e42c738.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 20.07.44_8e42c738.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 17
It's not that I was having any specific issues. All of a sudden everything stopped working on one of my two inverters. Apparently an engineer from MegaRevo tried to do a firmware upgrade and it crashed. So I asked them for the files and I did it myself. That is how I came about having these files.

So I really can't tell you what has changed from one to the other.
Hi Alleydog77,

It happened to me too. My R6KL1D-G2 had some issues, I realised that the Clock would not run and stayed as i set it. which means its not going to do any switching when the time is up. So i contacted Megarevo support and they tried updating from their end and failed. Requested me to do a local which i did with remote help , but failed too.
i have the firmware in a folder but once upgrade is hit it somehow says "no such file" - any idea? or am i doing it the wrong way.
My version is
hybrid-appG2V2.04.16B01D10_product20231016.axf

can you explain in detail how to save the fie correctly in order to upgrade successfully.
Thanks

Has anyone gotten this System Message? I've been trying to update my Megarevo for sometime now. But no luck so far.
The current firmware version is:
ARM: V1.03.06
DSP: V1.00.06
190100 000000

View attachment 175240
Hi Member ,

The software is build to read from the C drive e.g. C:\upgrade\ your firmware , this error occur because the path is too long and or insufficient access right from the software.
Please user a short path directly from your local Drive.

Hope this helps.

So, they have sent me a new mother board which fixed the problem

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-31 at 16.56.00_b26fb4c8.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-31 at 16.56.00_b26fb4c8.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-12-31 at 16.55.59_0179cc6b.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-31 at 16.55.59_0179cc6b.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
How to recover from a failed firmware update on Megarevo's R8KLNA

1. Power-cycle the inverter. Open the top cover and make sure the LEDs on the control board go out before turning it back on.
2. Re-try firmware upgrade via USB. Usually you need to use your USB-A port on your laptop with a USB-A to USB-C cable. Steps #1 and #2 will usually work in most cases.
3. If the USB port doesn't work, try doing the firmware upgrade via RS-485, but you need to use a different file. When you run the Hybrid app with nothing connected and click upgrade, it will create a file ending in something like .bin_add_header.bin in the Hybrid/bin folder. That's the one you can use to upgrade via RS-485 (in the 485-Upgrade tab of course). This will take probably 8-13 minutes. You can do this with either the .out or .axf file.
4. If the .out upgrade still fails, then you may need to get your hands on a TI XDS110 programmer and create a special cable to flash the .out file directly to the control board. Use the UniFlash program to flash the .out firmware.

How to recover from a failed firmware update on Megarevo's R8KLNA
3. If the USB port doesn't work, try doing the firmware upgrade via RS-485, but you need to use a different file. When you run the Hybrid app with nothing connected and click upgrade, it will create a file ending in something like .bin_add_header.bin in the Hybrid/bin folder. That's the one you can use to upgrade via RS-485 (in the 485-Upgrade tab of course). This will take probably 8-13 minutes. You can do this with either the .out or .axf file.

Good to know that the software is able to convert the software for RS485 upload.
Very usefull information.
Is there any way to know if the RS485 connection is working ?
Will "any" RS485 adapter work or do you need a specific version to work with the program ?

4. If the .out upgrade still fails, then you may need to get your hands on a TI XDS110 programmer and create a special cable to flash the .out file directly to the control board. Use the UniFlash program to flash the .out firmware.
Got one already, trying to be prepared for the worst
xds100v3_emulator.jpg

trying to find the software that would work with that.

**UPDATE** I think got the wrong one, XDS100 vs XDS110 :fp2

Can you tell me about the special cable that you were talking about ?
From https://www.ti.com/tool/TMDSEMU110-U it says there are different cables for different purposes.
I would love to know what cable I would need for my worst case scenario.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge/insight here with us!

Back