diy solar

diy solar

Minor Problem .... Repeated Requests For Push Notifications

So .... This is the first time I have gotten the request since telling my browser to always allow cookies from this site .... I'll have to wait and see if this is the last time I get it.
If I do, I'll look for the other settings.
The question below is what pops up after closing in initial question.

View attachment 184405
I have seen this too, half dozen times. I always select Never ask again, but it does

You could try going into privacy & security and then cookies and site data and then choose manage exceptions and then add diysolarforum.com and set it to allow. This should make it retain the cookies from the site more reliably.

You could try going into privacy & security and then cookies and site data and then choose manage exceptions and then add diysolarforum.com and set it to allow. This should make it retain the cookies from the site more reliably.
That's what I did .... Waiting to see if it worked.

Well .... adding this forum to always allow cookies didn't work .... Got the request to enable push notifications again today.
Looks like it's on a once a week cycle since it was Dec 21 the last time I got the request.

1703803963953.png
Here's the brave setting change I made .... that didn't work.

1703804241976.png
Gonna have to try some of the other recommendations.

But ... I'm kinda wondering if everyone not getting the repeated request has enabled push notifications.

I just manually added them to the setting gotbeans mentioned in post #15 ..... The setting didn't get added automatically when I click on block.

You refresh the settings/notification page after adding it? It should have auto been there since that's where it saves it..
but at least now it shouldn't pop up ever since it's your browser setting and not the website setting

You refresh the settings/notification page after adding it? It should have auto been there since that's where it saves it..
but at least now it shouldn't pop up ever since it's your browser setting and not the website setting
Didn't refresh after I added it .... but just went back and looked.

1703805969059.png

oh well the page won't auto update lol (assuming you had it already open in a diff tab)

Yea it was set before this change. I guess it changed when they changed server / updated software

programmatically it's an odd change because you have to go into your cookie setting that has been working for the past 20 years of your software and alter your numbers for some reason lol..

Well .... It's been longer than last time ..... so I'm assuming this problem was resolved by dis-allowing push notifications via settings in my browser ..... and, so far I haven't seen anything negative because of the change.

If it the problem pops up again, I'll post back

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.

Back