diy solar

diy solar

Mixing solar panels: stats close enough?

Mostly out of curiosity, what are you doing with so many 100W panels? What SCC do you have and how are you connecting them (series? parallel? mix?)?

Thanks for the repost @sunshine_eggo. Correct, I’ve got a 24v battery bank powering a 220v water pump via single all-in-one charge controller/inverter supplied by RPS Solar. The panels (connected in series) haven’t been getting enough sun so I’m moving them but I think I need to add panels and maybe battery capacity too. We don’t actually use the water pump all that much - off-grid cabin toilet, shower, sink - but the standby power draw and lack of input has been a problem.

Last edited:
Just wanted to make sure…

In going series into your. AIO - you verified that you will not input too many volts - used the Voc for that calculation and left room for the panels to get cold and their voltage to rise…

Just wanted to make sure…

In going series into your. AIO - you verified that you will not input too many volts - used the Voc for that calculation and left room for the panels to get cold and their voltage to rise…

Good question. Yes I checked in with RPS Solar on how many panels I can add and they verified I've got lots of room.

Back