diy solar

diy solar

MPP LV6548 lower than expected PV power

I've got 32 panels. The new plan is 4 x 4S2P arrays = 12.64KW.
I've got a lot of 10AWG PV wire with a 100' run, so I hope that will work without much loss @ 18-19.4A max.
Ah. That's what I've got too, 4 x 2P4S except at 455kW / panel, 11A per panel/string, 22A once combined. Will be buying 10AWG PV Wire for each string, for on my roof, then combining into 164V 22A, where I'll be using 8AWG THWN in conduit ... I haven't started to build yet ... still detailing out the rest of the system ... it's a lot more detail than I imagined when I first started ...

it's a lot more detail than I imagined when I first started ...
Much of it is fairly easy thanks to WP and others...but getting down to that last 10% of making final decisions and committing to a plan is a little stressful for newbies like me.

Much of it is fairly easy thanks to WP and others...but getting down to that last 10% of making final decisions and committing to a plan is a little stressful for newbies like me.
Heh, I have to get mine past my city inspector, so I'm also dealing with Code ... probably not a bad thing, making me think about some things I hadn't before ... when you get into types of trip curves on circuit breakers, then you'll truly be in the weeds ...

Hey there. i'm having the same issue as the OP... lv6548 PV input 2 is like 160w in full sun..... but later in the day it will hit 1100w..
everyone keeps saying the battery is full or at its programed limit.. which... obviously was my first thought too but... the battery is not full.

pv input 1 was unused. but today i put a string on pv1 as well, and it was proper wattage all day while pv 2 was not.

next im thinking the missing 1000w or so was going direct to the RV and being used... so it wasn't being counted... but it should still be counted as the pv 2 input, no? also there was no big loads like that.

everything seems right as the batteries did charge to full today (thanks to pv 1 tho)

any insight would be great. thanks!

Back