diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus 2 5000 not switching between grid and inverter.

hazlad24

Hi, A bit confused why my inverter won't auto switch when battery is low back to AC!

It's all updated, and I've checked settings using VRM download and upload.

Running 10kwh battery at 48v.

Switch on inverter set to 1 and in VRM it's set to ON (stays on AC input)

Any ideas pls

Need all tabs on virtual switch.

The brownish color of your VS options indicate you made a change to the file before capturing, so what you're providing isn't how the inverter is programmed.

Additionally, it indicates "Changes require restart" - so whatever you've done will reboot your inverter once uploaded.

Maybe download, ZIP and post a FRESH and UNEDITED config file?

Please describe the EXACT behavior you desire, e.g., "switch to AC when voltage is 48V, go back to battery when voltage is 55.2V"

By default when AC In is detected by the MP, it powers everything and charges the battery from AC IN.

You have to override if you want it to run on battery until certain criteria is met. Assuming you tried to use a virtual switch, unfortunately as @sunshine_eggo mentioned, we can’t see your actual config because a change was made to the VS tab before the screenshot was taken. We also need to see the VS details (the other tabs).

Here’s how I control Ignoring the AC In on my MP.

Sorry I was playing about, but the settings u see above are what are now set.

Below is VS settings which i have not changed. The DC shutdown ones are what I would like to set if the battery gets to 46.5V it will switch to AC and then switch back to Inverter mode when at 51V

Also, if I overload past 5kw inverting will it switch to AC automatically or will I need to change a setting?
vrm settings.png

By default when AC In is detected by the MP, it powers everything and charges the battery from AC IN.

You have to override if you want it to run on battery until certain criteria is met. Assuming you tried to use a virtual switch, unfortunately as @sunshine_eggo mentioned, we can’t see your actual config because a change was made to the VS tab before the screenshot was taken. We also need to see the VS details (the other tabs).

Here’s how I control Ignoring the AC In on my MP.
Hi I saw this vid and did try your settings using assistance but i didnt work for me and stayed on AC

Sorry I was playing about, but the settings u see above are what are now set.

Below is VS settings which i have not changed. The DC shutdown ones are what I would like to set if the battery gets to 46.5V it will switch to AC and then switch back to Inverter mode when at 51V

Also, if I overload past 5kw inverting will it switch to AC automatically or will I need to change a setting?
View attachment 194037
On Virtual Switch -> A: Set VS ON and B: Set VS Off
You have to set specific "seconds" values for when the VS is supposed to turn on and off. "-1" is basically disabled and that's why the text is a very light grey color.

On Virtual Switch -> A: Set VS ON and B: Set VS Off
You have to set specific "seconds" values for when the VS is supposed to turn on and off. "-1" is basically disabled and that's why the text is a very light grey color.
Thanks i see that now. Do I use drive multi or ignore AC setting in Usage tab?

You would use the Ignore AC Input.

Drive multifunction relay controls the primary programmable relay in the inverter.
Thanks. I just saw another of your vids and you say use dedicated ignore AC, Is this not the case for me then?

I only commented based on the question you asked. I'm honestly not sure what the difference is between the two. @sunshine_eggo do you know?
Not sure but its working, Im getting no grid alarm on cerbo now which is annoying. Ive seen some people have a -10w load from grid at all times. Not sure how to set this

Not sure but its working, Im getting no grid alarm on cerbo now which is annoying. Ive seen some people have a -10w load from grid at all times. Not sure how to set this
Menu -> Settings -> System Setup -> Monitoring for Grid Failure = Disabled

Back