diy solar

diy solar

New 10kw NHX AIO From Watts247

Do not need all these circuits yet
What exact breakers are you using?

I'm deciding if I should have some in my PV leads or not. I have RSD boxes on the panels, and the Amensolar inverter has a built in disconnect, so I don't thin I need another disconnect legally, but wondering if it s good idea or not.

Mike C.

I'm deciding if I should have some in my PV leads or not. I have RSD boxes on the panels, and the Amensolar inverter has a built in disconnect, so I don't thin I need another disconnect legally, but wondering if it s good idea or not.

Mike C.
CHNT 20 amp, and an in-line fuse on the PV, a 200 amp Nader on the battery side.
Still looking at RSDs, haven't decided which one to get.

Thanks, Art

Mike C.
chtaixi 63amp. IIRC, this is the same cheap breaker @timselectric has been using without incident. They are breakers/fuses/disconnects outside on the pole mounts so these are probably not needed (@63amps to big to do good anyway) but it gives me a little piece of mind when something on the wall needs serviced.

Agnostic dyslexic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.

Mike C.
Currently trying to hook up the patch cord from Watts247, not having any luck with the two pin connector.
I do have some jst 4 pin laying around, that will be a more solid connection. just have to fire up the soldering iron.
that will be a project for tomorrow.

Thanks, Art

Note to self ... do not have 4/0 positive battery feed cable near uninsulated battery buss bar when stumbling around. Just about had to change shorts on that one. 💩

It is alive.

Is there a way to correct the voltage reading? It is off by .2v.

Can the temperature readings be changed from celsius to fahrenheit?

Last edited:
Note to self ... do not have 4/0 positive battery feed cable near uninsulated battery buss bar when stumbling around. Just about had to change shorts on that one. 💩

It is alive.

I have been looking at the same thing. can't find the setting for F and C. Also, my battery percentage is reading 894%.
I wouldn't worry about a couple of points on the voltage reading. We are talking about Solar Assistant, Right?

I have been looking at the same thing. can't find the setting for F and C. Also, my battery percentage is reading 894%.
I wouldn't worry about a couple of points on the voltage reading. We are talking about Solar Assistant, Right?
The nhx is the one with the .2v deviation. Haven't hooked SolarAssistant to the nhx yet. It would be really nice if @mciholas comes up with a better solution.

Somewhere I 'thought' there was a way to change c* to f* and correct voltage.

Rainy today and for most of this week, so it may be a while till I dare climb onto the metal porch roof and rewire those panels for higher voltage. Already had my 'oh $hit' moment for the week. Till then, both the growatt and a single nhx will be charging the battery bank. Fingers crossed, I'll get next weekend off, the weather will be nice, and I can get my 80yr old pops to come help lift the old 100lb growatt off the wall and stick the other nhx in its place.

Now I need to source another +500' of 10gauge. Only money, right?

Do you have a preferred supplier?

Might as well spend it before it loses more value...
Been finding a few good deals on ebay. The last 500' roll of 10gauge was $90 shipped. Need a couple more deals like that to finish this project.

With the way prices of almost everything have skyrocketed, it will not take long to spend it!

Been finding a few good deals on ebay. The last 500' roll of 10gauge was $90 shipped. Need a couple more deals like that to finish this project.

With the way prices of almost everything have skyrocketed, it will not take long to spend it!
That's a great price.
Zoro has 500' for ~$140, I saw it when I was looking for 6awg earlier.

0.2 volts on 50 volts is 0.4 % error. That is pretty good given all the possible error sources in voltage measurement.

What are you using as "truth"? That may be off more than the inverter.

There could be a trim pot on the inverter to adjust it, though I consider that unlikely.

If it REALLY bothers you, one could trace out the circuit and find the voltage sense divider and tweak the resistor values to make it perfect. Even then, it might drift with time and temperature some amount.

I hope not. :)

Mike C.

Back