diy solar

diy solar

New Batrium iPhone app does WiFi (no cloud needed) + new Web interface

OffGridInTheCity

Solar Wizard
Hey folks, just downloaded the new Batrium iPhone app and connected locally via WiFi to both my 28 longmon trailer Batrium (WMCore) and my 126 longmon powerwall Batrium (WM4). Both the Core and old 4 have the original firmware versions but yet it worked over WiFi with no trouble - fantastic! I don't do cloud but the local WiFi option is great, especially for my trailer.

It's nice when something (local WiFi -> old firmware) 'just works' - hat's off to Batrium!

Hey folks, just downloaded the new Batrium iPhone app and connected locally via WiFi to both my 28 longmon trailer Batrium (WMCore) and my 126 longmon powerwall Batrium (WM4). Both the Core and old 4 have the original firmware versions but yet it worked over WiFi with no trouble - fantastic! I don't do cloud but the local WiFi option is great, especially for my trailer.

It's nice when something (local WiFi -> old firmware) 'just works' - hat's off to Batrium!
So does this work in place of the the toolkit that ran on laptop?

Yes - but doesn't offer anywhere near full toolkit options such as changing settings or having the core enable WiFi in the first place. It let's you see voltages, temps, shunt watts in/out - e.g. basic monitoring info.
Gotcha..

I had looked at web integration with the cloud but really wasn't that interested, I have SA and when I'm gone I only need to know SOC, charge/discharge to know if dump loads need to be on/off.

I just downloaded the android app, works well just like the ios version in the video. Security is provided by wi fi passwords and it will let one right into the Batrium without typing in a log in. The app doesn't allow changing settings which is just fine as someone could get in if they knew/hacked your password and change settings.

I had looked at web integration with the cloud but really wasn't that interested, I have SA and when I'm gone I only need to know SOC, charge/discharge to know if dump loads need to be on/off.

I just downloaded the android app, works well just like the ios version in the video. Security is provided by wi fi passwords and it will let one right into the Batrium without typing in a log in. The app doesn't allow changing settings which is just fine as someone could get in if they knew/hacked your password and change settings.
Yes sir, the WiFi has never been secure with Batrium - something to be aware of. As an example, here's a snippet of PHP to retrieve a minimum cell voltage - to give you a flavor of how easy it is. Not sure if one can write code to change settings - have not looked deep enough in the published spec, but maybe.
1714232834486.png

Back