diy solar

diy solar

New Eve cells Mb30 MB31

Bennos

Any one seen the new Eve Mb30 and Mb31 cells. They are 306 and 314 Ahr respectively. The Mb30 has a 10000 cycle life.

Just checked them out thanks to you :)

Looks nice but I am confused by the Charge/ Discharge numbers. Instead of 1C/1C its a says .5P/.5P What is a "P"???

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 20-15-20 Prismatic LFP Specifications EVE Energy North America.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 20-15-20 Prismatic LFP Specifications EVE Energy North America.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 23

Looks nice but I am confused by the Charge/ Discharge numbers. Instead of 1C/1C its a says .5P/.5P What is a "P"???
No idea, was wondering the same.

Did done more searching and they are aka LF306f, lf314f.

They also have a massive 560Ahr one, lf560f

They also have a massive 560Ahr one, lf560f
YES, I saw that last week. Seems to me just a doubled up/ side to side 280k. Interesting, but what about 16 of those? How can you move that? Is any company like Seplos/ EEl going to make a box for a 500Lb battery?? Ha, it seems kinda excessive.

I want to buy the EVE 306 Ah MB30 cells, is there a real advantage to compare the LF280k cell

I want to buy the EVE 306 Ah MB30 cells, is there a real advantage to compare the LF280k cell
Yes, there really is, lithium battery manufacturers, have been continually improving the production techniques and tweaking the structure of the chemistry to increase the quality and charge and discharge, along with lifespan.

The MB30 and MB31 are real, they are the next generation of cells from EVE, CATL and others also have next gen cells up to 18000 cycles, but that is in a fully climate controlled container for use on the grid, not for your little battery for your home, but you are almost guaranteed to be sold fake, or rebadged CATL cells, so that is why EVE became so popular. The quality is better at EVE if you buy genuine.

What country are you in? You should look for reputable sellers in your country, if you are price sensitive ask for discount. But for warranty reasons its a no brainer. Plus no hidden costs which are still a bit common with Alibaba. Along with fake A grade cells, they are rampant on Alibaba. They laser the QR codes to appear as genuine, and with new dates and with the fake QR excel spreadsheets.

There are at least 1 wholesalers in china who sell to all the alibaba shops, they are the ones who do the sorting and QR code lasering, Hence why almost all sellers are selling the same product with the same fake EVE data.

I know for a fact the stock is up to 2 years old, been sitting somewhere, or pulled out of service in a high voltage pack. It really rare to get A grade outside EVE themselves, and they have resellers in most countries now.

Ooh I saw this when Andy got these in his off-grid garage. P is power. So the 314Ah cell at 3.2V is 1005 Watts at 1C. .5P is 500W. Not sure why they changed this or how helpful it is. 🤷‍♂️

MB31 314Ah cells showed up on Nkon.nl today on preorder for delivery end of June. €92 each plus shipping which is €8 more than I recently paid the same vendor for LF304K cells.

18650 has them for preorder for $110 plus shipping, 304s are $105.

That is the link that Andy provided as to where he got his.

The extra BS in the title is probably to catch the search engine results.

I’m thinking that these miraculous cell cycle numbers are about as optimistic as lumen ratings for flashlights on Amazon.
As someone mentioned they are now listing cycles to 70% degradation versus previous 80% level

As someone mentioned they are now listing cycles to 70% degradation versus previous 80% level
I’m thinking calendar life will do them in before cycle in my case. In two years the bms’s have only counted 145 cycles probably because I don’t have much depth charge. Example of the last 30 days;
IMG_1367.jpegIMG_1368.jpeg

18650 has them for preorder for $110 plus shipping, 304s are $105.

It’s not often we in Europe get better pricing than the US. Those guys at 18650 seem to be making the most of end users not having fully caught up with how much the producer prices have dropped, and must have jacked up their margins compared to last year.

It’s not often we in Europe get better pricing than the US. Those guys at 18650 seem to be making the most of end users not having fully caught up with how much the producer prices have dropped, and must have jacked up their margins compared to last year.

I think most will pay the extra price to have someone state side that they can deal with for warranty issues.

Back