diy solar

diy solar

New Features!

Will Prowse

Forum Owner
Staff member
1. Ignore Content

If you do not like a forum (for example, solar water pumps), you can hide the entire page from your interface!
FireShot Capture 353 - Solar Water Pumps - DIY Solar Power Forum - diysolarforum.com.png

This can allow you to clean up the forum to see only the content that you are interested in.

If you ignore a group and wish to see it again, this option will be available in your profile settings:
FireShot Capture 351 - (1) Ignoring - DIY Solar Power Forum - diysolarforum.com.png

2. Most Reacted Posts

Next up, if you wish to see a list of a member's most reacted to threads and messages, you can now find it under their profile:
FireShot Capture 352 - (1) Will Prowse - DIY Solar Power Forum - diysolarforum.com.png

3. Watermark
For the final update, we are adding watermarks to each photo uploaded to the forum. That way if someone saves a picture and shares it elsewhere, people know the origin. This will also help people find the forum if they are doing a google image search.

4. Follow Notifications
If you are following another member, you can now receive notifications when that member posts a new thread/message/resource/status:
sdasdasd.jpg

Conclusion
I am trying some other add-ons, but they have not been stable. I am still trying to find a dark mode as well. If you have any add-on ideas, let me know! We are running Xenforo.

If you have any problems with the new add-ons, do not hesitate to let me know! Message me, tag me or respond below if you have any issues!

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 350 - (1) Ignoring - DIY Solar Power Forum - diysolarforum.com.png
    FireShot Capture 350 - (1) Ignoring - DIY Solar Power Forum - diysolarforum.com.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
1. Ignore Content

If you do not like a forum (for example, solar water pumps), you can hide the entire page from your interface!
View attachment 165222

This can allow you to clean up the forum to see only the content that you are interested in.

If you ignore a group and wish to see it again, this option will be available in your profile settings:

View attachment 165217
I think this is my favorite feature. There are certain topics that I follow more closely than others.

Still trying to find a add on. Can change the style in the template but it would change it for the whole site for everyone. I even mentioned this to the developers and they say that it's not an issue. Driving me crazy.
No dark mode. No. Can't see it. Just no. ?

... If you have any add-on ideas, let me know!
Thanks for all the new updates (y)

I had an idea for an add-on, which is...

When you log on, you get alerts when a new thread has been started that has a specific keyword (that you have specified) in it.

So, for example, I like to give my input (if I can) to any new thread that asks about Solis inverters. But the problem is that if I haven't signed-on within the last 12 hours, the 'What's new' section has moved on so far the new threads aren't visible there anymore. And manually doing a search every time I log on for Solis sort of works, but is tedious and also brings up every positing with the word Solis in it, not just new threads.

Just an idea!

Procedure used here is open a new tab for each alert (the bell symbol) thread then clicking ‘new posts’. After finishing opening a new thread for each interesting one, I have to click ‘jump to new’ but now the ‘ignore button’ is there. Are that many people using the ignore thread feature that it should be placed so prominently, displacing ‘jump to new’? I will adjust if that change is useful to people…

Back