diy solar

diy solar

Nice explanation of common AIO settings (SOL vs SBU etc...)

meetyg

Solar Addict
I found a nice explanation of common AIO charge/load priority setting (as in MPP/MUST/Voltronic):

At first glance, SOL and SBU look the same, but there is subtle difference:

*Please note there is a subtle difference between SOL and SBU – SOL will switch over to utility when solar is unavailable,
even if the battery is full. SBU will continue using the battery until its low voltage point.

Just thought I'd share this info, as I'm planning for my AIO installation and this subject has been recently discussed alot on the forum.

I found a nice explanation of common AIO charge/load priority setting (as in MPP/MUST/Voltronic):

At first glance, SOL and SBU look the same, but there is subtle difference:

*Please note there is a subtle difference between SOL and SBU – SOL will switch over to utility when solar is unavailable,
even if the battery is full. SBU will continue using the battery until its low voltage point.

Just thought I'd share this info, as I'm planning for my AIO installation and this subject has been recently discussed alot on the forum.
I'm on SBU and battery 70% no solar and it's charging the battery from the utility instead of using the power from the battery co run the house

Check the voltage settings (usually menu number 12 and 13, but could be different on yours). Maybe your battery voltage settings are too high, and the inverter thinks it should not use the battery because it's too depleted.

Back