diy solar

diy solar

No instruction, different capacity values on battery monitor displays.

New Member1

I bought a 12V 60Ah LifePO4 lithium Battery that has one of those single button Chinese Battery Capacity / Voltage displays on the top. The setting are L=lithium battery, F=lithium iron phosphate battery: I set to F=4:

My display (exact same model as in Battery) show a 10%-11% higher capacity value than the battery's built-in display.

I'll assume the company just bulk buys them from China and has no clue how to program them as they never reply to questions or give you someone else's Amateur videos from the Internet that doesn't help.

My Battery specs:
Typical Capacity: 60Ah
Nominal Voltage: 12.8 VDC
Battery Management System: Short Circuit, Current, Voltage, Cell Balancing
Charging Method: CC - CV
Standard Charge Voltage: 14.4V
Standard Charge Current: 12A (0.2C)
Max Charge Current: 60A
Max Discharge Current: 60A
Cell Configuration: 10P 4S
Cell Type: IFR32700 6Ah
Cycle Life: 3000
Over Charge Voltage Protection: 14.6V
Over Discharge Voltage Protection: 10V
Over Current Discharge Protection: 100A
Short Circuit Protection: Cut out
Operation Temperature Range: Charge 0~55℃, Discharge -10~50℃, Storage -20~60℃
Parallel Connection: No Limit
Series Connection: 4 Units Max (48V, 60Ah)

Battery Capacity / Voltage display Specs (Amazon broken English description):

Voltage range: 8-70V, products will display based on the voltage value, voltage fluctuations, power meter will be follow as the voltage fluctuation! (Comes with reverse polarity protection, can be guarantee use effectively)
The product is suitable lithium series multi-platform, 3 string, 4 string, 5 string, 6 string, 7 string and 8 string 9 string 10 string 11 string 12 string 13 string 14 string 15 string.

Battery specifications:
P=lead acid, L=lithium battery, F=lithium iron phosphate battery

Single string battery nominal voltage:
Lead acid = 12V, lithium battery = 3.7V, lithium iron phosphate = 3.2V

Setup steps:
Press and hold the setting button to power the battery, enter the setting interface
Short press the setting button to select the battery specification (P=lead acid L=lithium battery F=lithium iron phosphate battery)
Long press the function key to set the S mode, the setting key selects the corresponding mode, and the function key is turned on or off.

S1: %/V 2 seconds in turn display
S2: 10 second delay off
S3: Turn on the backlight
S4: Turn on LOGO
S5: Battery curve selection (NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS?)

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Battery curve selection

Probably the reason why. LiFePO4 has a very flat voltage discharge curve, so it's almost impossible to rely on the voltage alone to determine state of charge. You can calibrate, but there will be differences between batteries that make this almost a futile effort. A better way to know the actual state of charge would be with a Coulomb counter, but I don't think any battery comes with that, so you're stuck with an approximation based on voltage.

Back