diy solar

diy solar

No response from Rich Solar support

tgphelps

I am new to solar. I bought a charge controller from Rich Solar last week. On Saturday, I read the manual (I do that sort of thing) and had a few questions. I emailed customer support, and quickly got back an email saying that usually they respond within 1 to 2 "business hours". It's now Thursday morning, and I haven't heard a word.

Is this normal for them? Will Prowse recommended this controller, so I assumed they must be pretty good.

Just got a complete reply to my questions from Rich Solar, perhaps because I posted here, or because they invited me to review their product and I complained about the lack of support.

"perhaps because I posted here, or because they invited me to review their product and I complained"
Whatever works...!!

Just got a complete reply to my questions from Rich Solar, perhaps because I posted here, or because they invited me to review their product and I complained about the lack of support.
I'm glad you got the support you were looking for. If I don't get a reply to an email within 24 hours, I pick up the phone. That usually works. :)

I am curious about your question that you had for them.

I ask because I do some customer support related activities - not for your supplier.

Usually fast response is provided to people who have purchased a product and it is not working vs a pre-sales questions.

I am new to solar. I bought a charge controller from Rich Solar last week. On Saturday, I read the manual (I do that sort of thing) and had a few questions. I emailed customer support, and quickly got back an email saying that usually they respond within 1 to 2 "business hours". It's now Thursday morning, and I haven't heard a word.

Is this normal for them? Will Prowse recommended this controller, so I assumed they must be pretty good.
I'm new as well to solar and considering a Rich Solar MPPT with either two of their 100W panels or one 150W panel. What was your issue/question(s) with the controller? Would you mind posting it?

I was coming to warn to stay away. Once u r thru with sales you have to call many times to get help.
Will shouldn't promote them any long I think.
They sent wrong replacement inverter remote and fried my inverter. Now it is sitting in their warehouse for 48 hours while my food went bad and can't cool off my space with another heat wave.

Back