diy solar

Off grid battery connections

I have a renogy system
(1)40 amp mppt
(4) 100w. Panels connected in series
(4) lithium iron batteries in parallel
(1)2000w inverter
(1) 20 amp dc to dc charger
My question is after I have battery connections in parallel to a (4) stud post negative and (4) stud post positive I go directly to the inverter and mppt is coming from (4) stud post also . Do I connect dc to dc charger to end of battery bank or to (4) stud post .

Is this your setup?

Code:
+ battery<->mrbf_fuse<->main_cable<->disconnect<->buss_bar|->inverter_cable->inverter
                                                          |<-scc_cable<-breaker<-scc
                                                          |<-dc_dc_charge_cable<-breaker<-dc_dc_charger
- battery<->main_cable<------------------>shunt<->buss_bar|<-inverter_cable<-inverter
                                                          |->scc_cable->scc
                                                          |->dc_dc_charge_cable->dc_dc_charger

Is this your setup?

Code:
+ battery<->mrbf_fuse<->main_cable<->disconnect<->buss_bar|->inverter_cable->inverter
                                                          |<-scc_cable<-breaker<-scc
                                                          |<-dc_dc_charge_cable<-breaker<-dc_dc_charger
- battery<->main_cable<------------------>shunt<->buss_bar|<-inverter_cable<-inverter
                                                          |->scc_cable->scc
                                                          |->dc_dc_charge_cable->dc_dc_charger
Yes just trying to connect dc to dc controller and cant get answers on place to connect at . Though it would be best to fead the end of parallel battery bank. Versus connect at same side mppt and inverter are . And wondering if I need anything to help balance x4 battery bank

I think you are are asking if you can connect each charge source and load to common busbars confirm?

Last edited:
From your verbal disruption I'd say connect to the center posts of each bus. My reasoning is to match resistance.
Connecting direct to the end battery means minimal resistance for battery one & two bus wires of resistance for all the others. (Out one, in two, three, or four.) I'd also connect positive to post 2 & negative to post 3, visa versa if that is your preference.

Attachments

• parallel-bus~01.png
    parallel-bus~01.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 6
I think you are are asking if you can connect each charge source and load to common busbars confirm?
Either connect at buss bar with inverter and mppt connections. Or connect to back end of battery bank (x4).reason for thinking of it is understanding how power can come in and go out on same stud and charge at same time . My mind says it cant work . May not be correct but sounds good?

From your verbal disruption I'd say connect to the center posts of each bus. My reasoning is to match resistance.
Connecting direct to the end battery means minimal resistance for battery one & two bus wires of resistance for all the others. (Out one, in two, three, or four.) I'd also connect positive to post 2 & negative to post 3, visa versa if that is your preference.
I kind of understand you but than I dont fully get it /how.
My first draft of wireing set up was to have each battery connections go directly to buss bar individually. Then connect dc to dc charger and mppt with inverter on buss bar .
After trying to watch video and read it got confusing and I just made a parallel connection from battery to battery and took positive from battery 1 and negative from battery 4 to buss bars . I can still connect dc to dc on battery 1-4?

This helps solve most everything except pulling power and feeding 3 items. And there placement. Should mppt and inverter be connected at same point as dc to dc charger ? Should I cross feed opposite on batery bank

When current is aimed @ the battery & there is also a load demand, a portion of the current will be diverted to the load to satisfy its need. The balance will still go to the battery.

The idea is to view each wire as a resistor. Then seek to achieve a balance of resistance for each cell. While the concept is simple, achieving balance requires some thought & planning.

Guess I'll have to try and fail to learn what's proper as it takes a long time to seek out correct info 100% of the time . I read ,I ask ,I try? Even on the forum you ask a question and pending you product of use or lack of experience you dont get your answers. You been helpful as smooth Joey. The dc wire book I wish I had a hard copy.

I real like this book and will try to have it printed thank you. I purchased a volt meter and it's a renogy?? Cant get coustomer service? 24 hr. return time . In trouble shooting says the symptoms ar backwards wireing? I put b- to battery negative and p- is my feed to terminal posts connection. If anything they have sticker backwards in guessing? Who knows guess I'll just disconnect till my return message or call comes ? Plug and play ? I'm ready to make a basket with the volt meter!

Back