diy solar

diy solar

Off-grid: illegal in Florida?

It's $32/mo minimum bill which gives you 239 kWh per month to use or lose.

FPL here is $26.98 for a meter fee. If you get some solar you can get a credit enough to wash that every month. I have not had a power bill in a very long time.

What do you mean 239kWh to use or lose? That's interesting.

What do you mean 239kWh to use or lose? That's interesting.
That was from the link in my comment. I plugged numbers from my bill and got 101 kWh "use or lose".

kWh:101
base$ 9.55
non-fuel$ 8.26
fuel$ 3.45
serv. Tot$ 21.27
gs tax$ 0.55
fran fee$ 1.31
util tax$ 1.89
reg fee$ 0.02
tot$ 25.04

Except it doesn't work like that, as soon as a single unit of consumption is logged, you get charged for it on top of the minimum fee's.

I was saying that if I made my on grid house off grid, I would save $20/month because all of the energy I use is from solar.
If I was to go completely off grid it would be a huge expensive pain in the ass to save $20/month. Being connected to the grid has many benefits. I decided to keep the connection
Yea that last 10-20% of electricity in the winter is costly from a solar perspective.

I could go 100% off grid ( I am 100% non grid usage for 9 months of the year) but that would far outstretch the connect fee and usage during that time.

Minimum base bill
Right but as soon as you tick over $25 electric service amount that minimum base bill item should go away. So in effect this creates "use it or lose it" amount of kWh each month. In my case that threshold amount would be 134 kWh.
kWh:134
base$ 9.55
non-fuel$ 10.96
fuel$ 4.58
serv. Tot$ 25.09
gs tax$ 0.65
fran fee$ 1.55
util tax$ 2.23
reg fee$ 0.02
tot$ 29.55

I thought I had around 240 kilowatt hours worth of free electricity to use from my minimum base but I do not, I'll dig my bills out because they are all hovering right around that area but I can assure you as soon as they can fuck me, they do.

Back