diy solar

diy solar

outback gvfx3524 inverter charger value?

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
Recently acquired an outback gvfx3524

I was selling my brand new MPP solar LVX 6048

The gentleman didn't quite have enough money but he did have this outback GVFX 3524.. It's a 3,500 watt, 24 volt inverter/charger

And more importantly it works

But I'm just not quite sure what it's worth... Seems like the price is on it very wildly One thing I do know it's built like a tank

Thoughts?

Being that it was designed as a grid tie (with battery backup) unit and only 24vDC plus the relatively low 3500w rating it likely would be difficult to find someone interested in it though it is a first class piece of equipment. It is also quite heavy so shipping it any great distance would be expensive proposition.

My thoughts are list it on the Forum here at maybe 30% of retail and see if anyone contacts you.

Being that it was designed as a grid tie (with battery backup) unit and only 24vDC plus the relatively low 3500w rating it likely would be difficult to find someone interested in it though it is a first class piece of equipment. It is also quite heavy so shipping it any great distance would be expensive proposition.

My thoughts are list it on the Forum here at maybe 30% of retail and see if anyone contacts you.
I know they say it's designed as a grid tie unit... But just with playing with it I found that it'll power up just fine by applying 24 volts to the input and then you get 120 volts on the output

I think it's more similar to a hybrid unit than a true grid tie unit

Back