diy solar

diy solar

overvoltage lipo batt 16a 3.2v

masbango

using 4kw power inverter with a 60a with bms16s 250a on 3.2v lipo battery pack.
when the screen gives soc 100% the controller will give a faulty light and tone.
and controller says overvoltage of batteries.
like to know how to change settings in controller or BMS to fix that.
Awaiting your reply
Bob

using 4kw power inverter with a 60a with bms16s 250a on 3.2v lipo battery pack.
3.2V is the minimum for LiPo, so not sure why you would get an overvoltage

LiPo nominal cell voltage is 3.7V with max voltage of 4.2V.

It could be that you have a mis-match of battery chemistry compared to your BMS settings - but I would have expected an undervoltage, not overvoltage warning in that case.

Awaiting your reply
Thanks for the detailed information on your system the only thing that I would ask to be able better respond is the voltage of your pack when you get the fault light? That may also confirm the chemistry, or at least the chemistry your BMS is set for.

and controller says overvoltage of batteries.
like to know how to change settings in controller or BMS to fix that.
Possibly ordered a LiPo BMS for LiFePO4 battery? Possibly has LiPo charge profile too?

Making up words to be hip and cool has its time and place but usually not in science.

Okay that helps..Try reducing your charge voltage to 56 Volts to give your BMS more chance to balance the runner or two that are going over the settings. 56 Volts is 3.5 Volts per cell and there is not much capacity beyond that point anyway. For years, I used 3.45 Volts per cell.
However that is a lot of work for the millivolts of balancing current that the BMS can do to a 300 Ahr pack. I had an 840 Ahr pack and eventually turned off the balancing in my BMS and attached a 2 Amp active balancer. Mine were grade B cells so some parallel cell groups tended to be runners at upper voltages.

Last edited:
Hi
I still have overvoltage inverter stop charging when the SOC is 100%
But have another question what is happening when the green light is flashing on the daly balancer?

Have a nice day

Bob

Did you reduce the charge voltage on your inverter? If so what voltage is it set for? What ever that setting is, it will be considered 100% so that should not be a problem..I don't have a Daly BMS but generally green lights mean good things. What does the manual say about flashing green light.

Back