diy solar

diy solar

Progressive Dynamics PD4060 Converter Question

K7ZZQ

Will the PD4060 safely charge two Weize 100 ah Lithium Batteries in a Lance Model 1985 trailer which has a 190 watt solar panel and 1500 watt inverter? It’s a 60 amp converter with a switch for lead acid or lithium batteries located at the back of the trailer 20 feet from the two battery boxes. Am I correct in assuming each battery will be charged at 30 amps or a bit less on shore power? I watched a YouTube video by Will Prowse who indicated he would recommend it. I want to make sure the converter won’t damage the batteries. If so, would you recommend another 100 ah Lithium such as a SOK, Battle Born, etc? Regards…..

I would stick with the lead-acid profile. Yes The PD will charge the lithium batteries just fine.
My wife and I both use CPAP machines at night and we need them to perform for 8 hours each while boondocking for three days plus running the heater in colder weather. My years of using lead acid batteries as you suggest may work in year one but by year two they drain much quicker. I’m going with Lithium but I’d like to hear from someone who uses one of the three batteries i mentioned above. Thank you for your input.

Back