diy solar

diy solar

pump systems

cigarboxer

I am very new at this.I have an eco worthy solar pump kit that gets used once a year a a camp for showering. 120wt panel with a 10 Wh battery. Can I connect a larger battery? ie Eco worthy has a 20wh portable battery will it charge with this system?

I am very new at this.I have an eco worthy solar pump kit that gets used once a year a a camp for showering. 120wt panel with a 10 Wh battery. Can I connect a larger battery? ie Eco worthy has a 20wh portable battery will it charge with this system?

Probably.

Your question is analogous to:

"I have a car with a battery in it. Can I put a bigger one in it?"

10Wh is an absolutely TINY battery. 20Wh is half as TINY, but TINY too. Do you mean Ah?

Are these lead-acid batteries?

Assuming the system can use the full 120W of the panel for battery charging (equipment can capture it all, panel is favorably mounted, no shading), 120W / 14.4V = 8.3A

Most lead-acid batteries like to be charged at 0.1C or 10% of capacity, so I would expect you could go as large as 80Ah.

If you have a manual on the system, that would help.

Probably.

Your question is analogous to:

"I have a car with a battery in it. Can I put a bigger one in it?"

10Wh is an absolutely TINY battery. 20Wh is half as TINY, but TINY too. Do you mean Ah?

Are these lead-acid batteries?

Assuming the system can use the full 120W of the panel for battery charging (equipment can capture it all, panel is favorably mounted, no shading), 120W / 14.4V = 8.3A

Most lead-acid batteries like to be charged at 0.1C or 10% of capacity, so I would expect you could go as large as 80Ah.

If you have a manual on the system, that would help.
I DID mean Amp Hours Eco worthy has a portable battery this size

Back