diy solar

diy solar

Pure Sine Wave Inverter with Automatic Transfer Switch choice?

Metricsys

I am tring to keep the compnent as minimal as possible. Instead of using mppt charger, inverter and transfer switch, I was considering a 24v all in one mpp/growatt but the idle consumption is high. so Is there a preferred model for inverter with auto transfer switch to work together with victron mppt charger?

99% sure all of those you linked have high idle consumption comparable to AiO.
thank you for saving my time. Does Multiplus have auto transfer switch function to let ac path through directly to appliance? also can I control the ac charge current and hours? I want to charge the battery mainly by solar. thank you

thank you for saving my time. Does Multiplus have auto transfer switch function to let ac path through directly to appliance?

Multiplus-II has a 50A ATS. By default if connected to AC-in, AC-in is passed through to loads and used for charging.

also can I control the ac charge current and hours?

You can control:
AC-input maximum amps
Maximum charging amps

Hours is another story. I suspect you can, but it likely requires yet another piece of expensive hardware, a Cerbo GX.

WITHOUT the cerbo, the unit can be programmed to not charge based on a battery voltage.

An additional feature is PowerAssist. Let's say you set an arbitrary input current limit to try to minimize draw from the utility. The MP can "assist" and provide support for additional loads that exceed the AC input limit.

I want to charge the battery mainly by solar. thank you

Victron is used extensively in EU countries for grid interaction and load shifting - optimizing use of solar and AC input to minimize utility costs by only using utility power during the cheapest periods.

Back