diy solar

diy solar

Questions on 48v all in one.

Daley

I finally got my system running, couple of questions.

Does the unit require neutral to be bonded to the ground on the AC Does it occur internally?

I have installed in a school bus conversion.
Does my DC side need to be grounded or Is the negative pole enough? I have grounded the AC side to the chassis and to the AC output.

Also my batteries were fully charged when I switched unit on. Is the reading of Volts and watts from pv what is actually being made or just what the all in one is using? watts was at 107w which seemed low on a sunny midday, I have 1280w array. I ask I case I need to investigate a faulty panel bringing watts down.

It may also depend on your local codes, but what model/make is your all-in-one?

I'm not familiar with the MPP hardware, but perhaps some other folks can answer your two questions?

I finally got my system running, couple of questions.

Does the unit require neutral to be bonded to the ground on the AC Does it occur internally?

I have installed in a school bus conversion.
Does my DC side need to be grounded or Is the negative pole enough? I have grounded the AC side to the chassis and to the AC output.

Also my batteries were fully charged when I switched unit on. Is the reading of Volts and watts from pv what is actually being made or just what the all in one is using? watts was at 107w which seemed low on a sunny midday, I have 1280w array. I ask I case I need to investigate a faulty panel bringing watts down.
The watts info is only what is passing through the mppt.
If your batteries are full, they aren’t using much wattage.

Back