diy solar

diy solar

Reliable 120v AIO inverters?

plympton

I make things and fix stuff
I bought a Bluetti AC300/B300, and it's perfect - on paper. My initial experience is troubling - glitchy software, random shutdowns, errors. So, Plan B.

Goal: A small critical-circuits only (~ 3kw) inverter, 5kwh storage, and 120v generator input to top off the battery as it drains in a longer outage. I'll add 2-4kw solar later. In many ways this is a practice system to learn from.

Current: Bluetti AC300/B300, 3kw generator.

Alternatives Considered:
EG4 6000xp + Lifepower battery. I *REALLY* like this setup, but can't get over the 240v-only generator input. Low power draw, sounds reliable.
2. Victron Quadro-II 12/3000. This looks like it fits the bill - but read that the noise from the unit is really annoying. This will live in my living space so noise is a real concern. Sounds like coil whine or the like. That would drive me nuts.
3. EcoFlow Delta Pro. I tried one last year, and it would... work. Noisy fans, bad support, worries about flakey gen 1 hardware.

Any other recommendations?

MPP3048 will do all that and only needs about 60v to start charging, the others need about 120v to start. If shading or starting small is a concern.

Growatt 3kw 48v is tried and trued.

I don't think the Victron is an AIO, just an inverter so you'll still need other parts.

Ionic makes a 3kw 12v LF AIO as well. I just put the 2kw version in my camper.

Back