diy solar

diy solar

Replaicng lead acid with drop in lithium

Freddmc

Having warch wills video on testing Vanence lifep04 batteries i am conteplating geting a 135ah valence battery. After watching his video I am of the opinion that i can just replace the 2 12v lead acid betteries with this battery.
I currently have 3-100w renogy panels connected to a renogy pwm controller connected to 2-12v bateries. Am i correct in assuming I don't need anything else. Do i need a bms or is it built into the battery? This is on my motorhome where the house system is totally separate from the starting/ charging system of the motorhome.
Regards

Fred

You need to check the solar charge controller so it cuts off at the right voltage highpoint and not rely on the battery disconnecting itself. As long as the controller is useable I can't see anything else would change . Anyway a victron MPPT bluetooth enabled 100|15 would handle that power of 300 watt (415max) and it would do best if the panels were in series depending on panel max output voltages . That would cost you only about $120 USD or so and you could add another similar panel if you wanted to and still be under total power possible.

Back