diy solar

diy solar

ROFLMAO

My system is going in my pickup to supply power to the camper shell so I can go off grid and live out of it part time. Part of the time it will be sitting unused when I'm at home. Just now I was thinking what to do about the batteries during that time. Maybe I will need some type of low watt load to switch into the circuit when it is just sitting there. I could get a battery heating pad, which will keep the battery warm and bleed off some power at the same time. If I leave the 12v fridge/freezer on, it will pull some power, too.

Last edited:
*I* (personally) think this thread proves this forum is headed down the path to venting and rants rather than information sharing.
Pointing out something silly on boobtube is one thing, but taking the 'My Way Or Highway' approach gets nobody anywhere.

This thread proves that the average person today can no longer comprehend the english language.

I'm am one of the very few people here that recommend lithiums when the application warrants them or LAs when the application warrants them.

The only ones that are "my way or the highway" are the lithium fanboys. If you re-read this thread from the begining with a clear head you'd see that. Maybe.

I've lost all faith in the average person to understand common sense. I'll be backing off my posts here for a while. You guys have fun with your circle jerk. I'm sure that will teach the newbies a lot...the hard way.

This thread proves that the average person today can no longer comprehend the english language.

I'm am one of the very few people here that recommend lithiums when the application warrants them or LAs when the application warrants them.

The only ones that are "my way or the highway" are the lithium fanboys. If you re-read this thread from the begining with a clear head you'd see that. Maybe.

I've lost all faith in the average person to understand common sense. I'll be backing off my posts here for a while. You guys have fun with your circle jerk. I'm sure that will teach the newbies a lot...the hard way.

Do you realize almost all your posts have a "I know best so let me teach you idiots" theme?

Do you realize almost all your posts have a "I know best so let me teach you idiots" theme?

Pot calling the kettle black. Do you ever post anything useful or do you just like to troll? At least fanboy Steve posts a lot of useful information.

r_1257175_Jc2jj.jpg

That crossed the line.

You are entitled to your opinion.
You are entitled to express that opinion.

Hammering on anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion and constantly harping/ranting about your opinion is crossing the line.

Insulting other users is a MILE across the line.

When the 'Solar Rat' forum is up and running, you can do things any way you want to run it.

Calling confused or misinformed people illiterate because they didn't drink your particular color of Kool-Aid and/or the 'Circle Jerk' comment tells me you need a big time out...
People are entirely free to think & do what they want to, right, wrong, silly, stupid or dangerous...

What the rules specifically deny is insulting and/or arguing from an 'On High' position that is just endless bickering.
I don't have time for bickering, or for endless rants wasting my time when the ranter is CLEARLY WRONG in more cases than one... Particularly by NOT following the basic forum rules everyone agreed to when signing up.

Look, I'm just the honorary, forever beginner here, but I'm learning tons of useful information from you all that I use now and will be using in the future.
Whether I'm researching for answers so I can accurately help others or whether I'm reading about what many others here are doing, it's all learning and engaging.
So play nice and remember we are all going to meet one day.

John hiatt

That crossed the line.

You are entitled to your opinion.
You are entitled to express that opinion.

Hammering on anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion and constantly harping/ranting about your opinion is crossing the line.

Insulting other users is a MILE across the line.

When the 'Solar Rat' forum is up and running, you can do things any way you want to run it.

Calling confused or misinformed people illiterate because they didn't drink your particular color of Kool-Aid and/or the 'Circle Jerk' comment tells me you need a big time out...
People are entirely free to think & do what they want to, right, wrong, silly, stupid or dangerous...

What the rules specifically deny is insulting and/or arguing from an 'On High' position that is just endless bickering.
I don't have time for bickering, or for endless rants wasting my time when the ranter is CLEARLY WRONG in more cases than one... Particularly by NOT following the basic forum rules everyone agreed to when signing up.

The behaviour is extremely common to those that come out of the mobile/nomad community as there is a notorious forum where this type of attitude is pervasive as its from the mods themselves.

Last edited:
I Focus on the learnable content of the forum and enjoy. A sense of humor is indespensible.
Incidentally, The Wild World Web has been a phenomenon during our lifetime that will go down in huperson history as a revolution in the unlimited expansion of knowledge and social interaction for all walks of life.

Reactions: Ped
I Focus on the learnable content of the forum and enjoy. A sense of humor is indespensible.
Incidentally, The Wild World Web has been a phenomenon during our lifetime that will go down in huperson history as a revolution in the unlimited expansion of knowledge and social interaction for all walks of life.
The WWW a place you can find an answer to any question you might have, and some of them will even be correct answers.

Never say anything to anyone you wouldn't say to a stranger holding a handgun...

Some people are just crazy, others have learned narcissistic ways and *Believe* that it won't come back to them.
Narcissism was often cured with a smack in the mouth, the original 'Instant Feedback', there are consequences to your actions, even if it's just everyone thinking you are a childish ignorant jackass.

Personally, I can learn SOMETHING from the dumbest people I come across, *IF* my patients holds out.
It's exhausting dealing with people having no idea what they are doing or talking about,
BUT!
Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while, so eventually they might have something you can use.

Watch a lazy guy to find the easiest way to get anything done,
Watch an ignorant guy to find the most simple way to get things done,
Watch an expert guy to find the 'Correct' way to get things done,
Listen to an educated guy speak outside his field of education to watch a mind work...
(Where a 'Smart' guy would simply shut up, smart & educated aren't the same thing)

Sarcasm is a strong expression from a weak mind, unless it's comedy (most of us aren't comedians, so it just comes out as 'stupid').

Insults & name calling is a sure sign the guy has run out of coherent thoughts/ideas in my experience.

The guy that shuts up is either saving time by not arguing, or he simply doesn't have anything constructive to say.
A 'Smart' guy knows when to shut up...

yes probably the same stupid engineers who told us that a plain tungsten bulb is crap and you need a bulb full of non ROHS electronics and tubes that contains mercury to have less light (and bad quality over that) than a tungsten bulb can give. and Oh, the life being a lot shorter also...
It wasn't an engineer telling you you had to use them, it was stupid politicians.

Back