diy solar

diy solar

Rural Coop Interconnect Agreement

blrmaker

Good Morning Y’all! I know very little about PV systems and electricity in general. Most of the discussions on here are far above my understanding but I am trying to read and learn as much as I can from you fine people and for that I give you all praise.

We are in the process of having our home built in a small community in Texas. We are currently living in our camper onsite and working with a builder to have the home erected. I plan on installing 2@EG4 18kpv inverters, 4 Power Pro batteries, and 23kW of PV in the new home but I am having our electrician install all of the AC side of the system required by diagram 4.5 from the manual.
Page 35 from EG4-18KPV-12LV-Manual 2.1.jpg

After reading some of the problems here on the forum from members trying to get interconnect agreements with their respective utilities, I had become very nervous about getting one with our utility cooperative. This past weekend I read our utilities web page on how to apply for the interconnect agreement and what all we will need to have installed above and beyond diagram 4.5 so we can have the electrician comply during the build rather than afterwards. I filled out the paperwork (diagram 4.5, spec sheets on inverters, application) and submitted it by email on Monday the 18th and my wife paid the application fee yesterday Wednesday the 20th.

I am please to announce that my coop approved our agreement this morning, Thursday the 21st. I am super stoked and relieved at the same time.

Now if the builder would start pouring the foundation, I will be content.

Cheers!

Back