diy solar

diy solar

RV conversion question - 48v batteries

Gorf

Hi all, here is my very first post! Yay! Ok, so Im stripping out an old Magnum stepped sine inverter system out of my RV. I think for the sake of future scalability and repurpose, I'm going to definitely go 48v. So I have a couple questions around batteries. A lot of Will's videos for 12v systems (and plenty of other people's) seem to focus on the Epoch batteries. The ruggedized and waterproof systems seem super. And believe me, it was super tempting to go that way. They seem to also have a similar marine grade product in 48v in a very different casing:

That one is 100ah. I'll just be using 1 at the moment, and I'll be fabricating the mounting system to have space for 2 in the long run. Can anyone speak to this versus their 12v units? I'm using a Victron MPlus2, so I want to also make sure that they have the CANBus communication with the Victron as well.

Im much less worried about "water tight" as the enclosure space for the batteries and inverter is already weather tight. I'm far more concerned with it being vibration resistant. Any thoughts there or other recommendations?

Per this:

It indicates CAN/RS485 communication. This implies it can communicate with a Victron GX device (Cerbo GX or similar). It will not communicate directly with the MP-II (no battery will).

However, I don't see a RS485 connection in any picture.

I don't have any personal experience with any Epoch batteries. I would contact Epoch and get a definitive answer on compatibility with a Victron GX device.

Back