diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext MPPT 100 600 help

hammick

Hey guys. I just commissioned a 4.3kw ground array. Charge controller is the schneider 100 600. All is working great. However, my Orion Jr.2 BMS is not controlling the new charger controller even though it controls my Conext 60 150 just fine.

I have reached out to Orion to see if they are willing to modify my BMS profile so it will also control my new CC. They haven't responded to emails and I suspect I won't get any additional support from them. The owner and head tech guy assured me that he would create a profile for me that would control my Schneider equipment and he made good on that promise over two years ago. I don't know why he isn't responding when he was so responsive two years ago. I even offered to pay him for his time.

Is there a way to make the 100 600 CC go to standby mode when the 60 150 goes to standby? I have tried the "Echo" setting and the two charge controllers mimic each other when going from bulk to float, changing voltage settings, etc. But they do no mimic the standby state.

I'm pretty sick to my stomach that I won't be able to use my new array when I am away from the place.

Thanks for any advice.

Well Orion tech support did get with me today. They need me to sniff the canbus and send the logs. Unfortunately I won't have access to a can adapter until the 18th. Anyone with an MPPT 80 or MPPT 100 willing to send me canbus logs?

Schneider MPPTs do not support BMS communication

View attachment 157081

The Orion Jr.2 BMS is able to put my inverter and/or 60-150 charge controller into standby on various conditions. This includes high cell faults, low cell faults, high/low temp, high resistance, etc. It does this over the Xanbus (CAN bus) network. The Jr.2 has full CAN bus cabability.

The very nice part is that it takes the equipment out of standby when the fault disappears. So very nice for an unoccupied residence with refrigerators and security cameras.

Happy to report I was able to sniff the can of the new CC and sent the log to Andrew at Orion. Took him 30 seconds to modify my profile to work with my new CC. Now both charge controllers go to standby when a cell runs over 3.65 volts when charging (3.6 volts when not charging).

Great customer service!!!

I'd love to know what he changed in the profile. Any ideas?

Glad to hear you've got it working now!

I'd love to know what he changed in the profile. Any ideas?

Glad to hear you've got it working now!
No clue. I'm an amateur can sniffer :ROFLMAO:

This email from Orion might shed some light though:

"
All good, it took less than 30 seconds to make the changes (added an additional CAN frame for address 0x3 once I saw that was the new MPPT address).

There are a number of good resources out there for learning CAN--I might suggest reviewing some of the resources from Kvaser on CANBUS if you're interested."

Back