diy solar

diy solar

SGP 8Kw LF - interpretation needed.

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
I'm ready to order the SGP inverter linked below, except for one holdup...
Hold do you interpret this wording from the manual?
"HOT1 load> HOT2 load, HOT1-N must be used preferentially for single load, The total load connected shall not be greater than the rated power of the inverter"
Screenshot to sellers response, which still has me confused, attached.

My plan is to rewire the main panel of my house using the inverter, solar and battery as the primary supply; having the grid as a backup.
If I can't use H2 to N for 120V loads the inverter won't work for me... H1 and H2 would feed the buss bars in the main panel...

Thanks to everyone who has made this forum what it is, there is a plethora of information and great discussion. It reminds me of my days on VWvortex. I wouldn't have anywhere close to the knowledge I do now if it weren't for everyone here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-145554__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220513-145554__01.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
I also asked the seller what the specs are for THD and efficiency. They were quick to reply initially, silent now.

If anyone else is looking at this inverter seller replied.
I asked "Would it be preferred to have 120V loads balanced between L1 and L2? In example, 2000 watts between L1 and N and 2000 watts between L2 and neutral. Or 4000 watts all on L1?"
Reply "It would be ok to have 120V loads balanced between L1 and L2, it also would be ok L1 load >L2 load."

Also received an answer on THD?
"It outputs PURE SINE WAVE AC with an average THD of 10% (Min5%, Max 15%) depending on the load connected and battery voltage."

HOT1-N must be used preferentially for single load > I think they are talking about wiring it up to a single 120v load. If you were to say connect this to some workload that was 120v only and this was the only load on the unit - then connect HOT1 and N to this load.

I have this unit and it works great for me.

Back