diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar You Need to remove the Warranty Registration Requirement, it's illegal.

I've never seen a battery warranty that was not pro-rated, since the "Die Hard" days of the 70's. "It's the last battery your car will ever need" or some such drivel. To think otherwise is rather obtuse.
Trophy Batteries gives a ten-year non-prorated warranty.

And I just noticed that even if you register an EG4 battery, the "Warranty Exclusions" state "The equipment sold by EG4® Electronics is designed to be installed only by licensed, trained, and insured solar electrical installation professionals." I don't recall them asking for my license when I was buying the batteries.

Trophy Batteries gives a ten-year non-prorated warranty.

And I just noticed that even if you register an EG4 battery, the "Warranty Exclusions" state "The equipment sold by EG4® Electronics is designed to be installed only by licensed, trained, and insured solar electrical installation professionals." I don't recall them asking for my license when I was buying the batteries.

"Since Trophy Battery has no control of environmental conditions or how the battery is used (Charging Rate, Discharging Rate, or failure to keep battery charged during extended storage), Trophy Battery does not warranty your battery’s capacity."

So as long as it will hold a charge, any charge for at least 5 minutes, we'll call it good. Like I said, ...

Phoenix Arizona destroys batteries. FLA's are the worst, when it kills them they go from just fine today to useless tomorrow. Monday: cranks just fine/starts easily, Tuesday: Click, dome light goes out. Only an idiot would give someone a blanket warranty on a battery. The auto-parts stores around here probably break even on batteries with the pro-rated warranties they give out. Lithium's are better, but my Hyundai PHEV came with a 'Lifetime' battery warranty. Plug-in range went from 27 to 17. . . The batteries are fine sez the dealer, they are charging.

I consider warranty to be 50% of my decision of a purchase. zero hassle warranty with worth its weight in gold.
For durable goods it's always a consideration. Reputation is often my deciding factor. Samsung has a good warranty on their upright fridge freezers, but your an idiot if you buy one. A circa 2000 Honda accord you can drive the wheels off it Same warranty as a VW Passat or something around the same time. I'm not particularly interested in having my car at the dealer for repair 10% of the time, I want the Honda. Warranties are fine as long as I don't have to use them. In the case of a car battery around here, I know it will likely expire before any warranty period ends, so I'll take the proration, and just get another similar one. It's like the lifetime Midas muffler, or brake job, you take it for what it is, the muffler will wear out, the brake pads will wear out, your batteries will decline in performance.

Lithium's are better, but my Hyundai PHEV came with a 'Lifetime' battery warranty. Plug-in range went from 27 to 17. . . The batteries are fine sez the dealer, they are charging.

We must have the same vehicle. I picked mine up from a Vegas dealer 2nd-hand, with California decals on it. We still get 25 miles estimated range, so I guess I should be happy with that! I was disappointed about missing out on the "lifetime" warranty on the battery as a 2nd owner, but if yours lost nearly 40% of range and they call it good... well... maybe I just need to ditch this vehicle. Between the harsh 1st shift getting worse and worse, and the warranty extension on the motor resulting from the class action lawsuit (and intermittent rattling noises from it), I regret straying from Honda, and testing the waters with this Hyundai. Wait, what were we talking about again?

I consider warranty to be 50% of my decision of a purchase. zero hassle warranty with worth its weight in gold.

And the warranty is 0% of my decisions on a purchase.

I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had a warranty pay off over the last 50 years or so.

Just one person’s opinion and experience.

To each their own.

And I’m entering the fourth year of trouble free 24/7/365 use of my warranty less EG4 old style battery which I deliberately didn’t register.

I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had a warranty pay off over the last 50 years or so.

Just one person’s opinion and experience.

To each their own.

And I’m entering the fourth year of trouble free 24/7/365 use of my warranty less EG4 old style battery which I deliberately didn’t register.
My neighbor had to warranty his EG4 battery and it now looks like he needs to do it again.

We must have the same vehicle. I picked mine up from a Vegas dealer 2nd-hand, with California decals on it. We still get 25 miles estimated range, so I guess I should be happy with that! I was disappointed about missing out on the "lifetime" warranty on the battery as a 2nd owner, but if yours lost nearly 40% of range and they call it good... well... maybe I just need to ditch this vehicle. Between the harsh 1st shift getting worse and worse, and the warranty extension on the motor resulting from the class action lawsuit (and intermittent rattling noises from it), I regret straying from Honda, and testing the waters with this Hyundai. Wait, what were we talking about again?
Actually I miss my PHEV Sonata. It was the 'Limited' all the bells whistles and snivel. On a full charge and a tank of gas I could drive from Phoenix to LA without stopping (OK I had to pee once). I never had a problem with the DCT, or the motor. I sold it to my sister who is still driving it who also really likes it. With the exception of the diminished range I thought it was an amazing car. Then again I took really good care of it, and 90% of my time behind the wheel I was running electric.

I have to agree with Robby, S.S is not doing warranty correctly, take it from someone who knows.

As far as I am aware, legally you can have a registration requirement to extend the warranty past the initial warranty. Is that what they're doing here? 1 year warranty, 10 with registration?

I did not read any fine print. Just asking.

As far as I am aware, legally you can have a registration requirement to extend the warranty past the initial warranty. Is that what they're doing here? 1 year warranty, 10 with registration?

I did not read any fine print. Just asking.
That is not what they are doing, they are just trying to invalidate the original warranty.

You are right sir, warranties on batteries is like a warranty on a ice cream cone. Take it form me, I had battleborn deny warranty and before that I had Surrette Rolls deny warranty on a large FLA bank that died after 3 years of use, that one my I had to get a lawyer involved, in the end they sent replacements which I promptly sold on eBay and I'm now doing a DIY lithium bank, my sepolos cases should be here any day now.

This is why I now only do DIY, save the money because your own your own. Having to shame someone to honor warranty is ridiculous and they all do it!

Back