diy solar

diy solar

SOK 12V 100Ah + Victron Charger for CPAP... UPS?

The EB3A's are notoriously unreliable in actual use as UPS's. There are whole threads about this (I started two of them) on both this website and Bluetti's own. The short version is, this has failed both me and many others when used as a backup, and make me personally headachy for days.
Agreed! I have 2 that Bluetti has replaced with upgraded units -and on their own dime, too... These have not failed as UPS. They do still seem to have heat issues though, as the noisy fans run regularly for no apparent reason. (Even when not inverting, not charging, and not passing any grid power through -just plugged in!) But the 2 that I sent back were much worse. (Very hot on top for no reason)

Last edited:
...I think there may be a commercial market out there for ultra-reliable medical-grade battery backups that is currently totally unaddressed.
Bluetti has 2 mutli DC output CPAP LiFePo4 backups, this is the smaller unit:
And also I only got one EB3A to work as a proper UPS, the second unit I returned 3 times and kept getting a dud and so gave up.
I did get get an AC180 though, and that one has never failed... But for some reason the thing is obsessed with keeping at 100% charge, and charges itself up several times a day. (Can hear the relay, and then fan starts up and slows right away. Unlike the annoying 'spooling up' sound from the noisy EB3A fan!

Last edited:
Back