diy solar

diy solar

solar array configuration for EG4 12k hybrid mini split

icelance

my search for knowledge has led me here after speaking to sales people who knew as much as I did.

this is for 42' rv in Las Vegas, nv.
I was using about 120-130k of electricity when my trailer was placed east/west but when it was moved to north/south it went up over 250k with 2 rooftop rv AC.
I am leaning toward EG4 mini split to cut electricity bill whether hybrid or not as those seems to be most efficient but I don't have enough knowledge to decide which way would be cheaper to run.
this plan is for ONLY running mini split, nothing else and electricity is at 17 cents per kw.

plan 1: get EG4 hybrid 12k with solar panels and see how much electricity it uses after dark and add small battery/inverter later if it uses too much AC.
if I go this way, I need to know how to get over 100v, around 1200 watts and less than 12 amp from solar panel array.

plan 2: get the most efficient EG4 regular 9k mini split with seer2 rating of 29.5 and see how much electricity it uses and if too much, add solar system later.

thank you in advance and I don't have any experience with solar but do have some experience in other electrical projects

Last edited:
Chose 300w/40v/11amp Hyundai panels.
Does it help on cloudy days if I have more wattage than required?

Last edited:
Back