diy solar

diy solar

Solar assistant offline password or factory reset procedure

AttikusDacus

Hi all,

I just received my Solar Assistant unit and unfortunately I didn't saved the SSID part.
Now I am able to connect to WiFi, but I am asked for an "offline" password.
I tried a lot of combinations without success (including "offline").
Can anyone share which is this "offline" password?

Also, it will be great if anyone knows the procedure for factory reset (worst case scenario).
Thanks!

I finally did it.
"Offline" password is the one you are setting on top of the configuration page, under the General section (this is the page opened when you connect for the first time):
Site owner:
Sete ID:
[button] Set local password

I tried it previously, perhaps it was a typo.

Along those lines, is there a way to reset SA's local WiFi AP password without factory resetting the whole unit?
At some point I likely changed the default, but my notes apparently dont reflect what it ended up being.
Im trying to preserve the data it has already logged.

Plug in an ethernet cable?

Could you elaborate on that? Its not something I have tried.
I have the Orange Pi so no bluetooth, but *if* the ethernet port acts as a web server I should be able to access the UI via its IP address. Is this indeed what I should expect?

Could you elaborate on that? Its not something I have tried.
I have the Orange Pi so no bluetooth, but *if* the ethernet port acts as a web server I should be able to access the UI via its IP address. Is this indeed what I should expect?
Yes, the Ethernet user interface is identical to the WiFi one, in fact they are just the network UI.

Yes, the Ethernet user interface is identical to the WiFi one, in fact they are just the network UI.

No luck. 10.0.0.5 or http://10.0.0.5 unreachable with Chrome or IE.
Could you describe the process you use to access the local server?

Remember, earlier I was able to reach the SolarAssistant SSID on WiFi but it was not accepting my password.

What’s the network on the Ethernet you plugged into it, and what DHCP address did it get from that network?

I made a direct RJ45 connection between the Pi and the ethernet port on a laptop. I didnt connect to a router. Yes, that was a longshot.

When I set up SA the intent was to keep it off LAN and WAN, and just log onto the Pi directly via WiFi from a laptop or Android. That worked fine until I either lost the password or somehow corrupted it.

So, is there a level of reset that allows me to wipe and reset the bad password without wiping the collected data?

I made a direct RJ45 connection between the Pi and the ethernet port on a laptop. I didnt connect to a router.
Well then both sides have a self-assigned address, figure out what your laptop got and do a network scan for the Pi.
Or hook it and your laptop up to a router and ask the router what IP the Pi got

Well then both sides have a self-assigned address, figure out what your laptop got and do a network scan for the Pi.
Or hook it and your laptop up to a router and ask the router what IP the Pi got
Does connecting via ethernet instead of WiFi bypass the need for a password?

It bypasses the need for the WiFi password. If you’ve set a local password for the UI then you’ll need to know that. View attachment 214903
I have yet to try that with a spare router.
In the meantime...

SA finally responded after another try:

"SolarAssistant initially starts a Wifi access point called SolarAssistant that you can connect to and the password is ''solar123' by default and never changes provide that the device is not connected to a network.

See our device access guide here:https://solar-assistant.io/help/access/overview. You should be able to find the last known I.P address it was connected to here:https://solar-assistant.io/sites/11938/edit

If you still cant access the unit, please use video output for troubleshooting:https://solar-assistant.io/help/getting-started/video-output . It should show the SolarAssistant interface. If it doesn't, please send us a picture of what you see."

My results:

SSID: SolarAssistant Password: solar123 Connection failed.

HDMI output: no signal on two monitors.

The last link recommends using bluetooth if there is no HDMI output. Bluetooth is not available on the Orange Pi. Seriously, folks.

I had this happen to my new SA set up the other week - I couldn't recall the password and for some reason I had not generated/saved it in my password management system.

But the SA login screen had a password reset option. It sent to my registered email address a very long token and provided a place for that token to be input so I could then reset the password (which was duly created by and saved in my password manager).

Back