diy solar

diy solar

Solar preparation for the crazyness that is coming.

Aridom82

Learning addict
War ramping, a serious financial crisis next year (banks are insolvent after buying a gazillion bonds that now are trash), all kinds of debt skyrocketing, the money printer will go bananas, very high inflation coming, people getting more and more wild and crazy...

I am seriously worried for what could come in the next years, these are my measures:

- Stock as much as possible in useful solar equipment that i am going to use/need.
I bought more solar panels to reach 19,85 kwp, that is the closest i can get to the 20kwp limit for off grid in Italy.
Also i got a fourth Voltronic Max Axpert 8kw. Is not connected right now, i have it in case of one of the other 3 has any problem.
I am considering getting more lifepo4 cells now and build more batteries, i am sure i would regret not having done it in the future.
I am buying an EV. A Toyota Proace with 300 km (186 mi) range. No more paying 2 bucks a liter of diesel (7.5 dollars a gallon).

- I am putting more of my money in commodities. Even if i have bonds at 4 percent now, i am buying gold and Bitcoin. The S&P500
is terribly overpriced and will bust any day. I am sitting with too much cash and i am going crazy looking for opportunities.

- Get more in touch with my neighbours and people close to me, look to visit them more, do things together. Care for community more.
Who knows what they or you will need in the future.

- I am finally getting a gun. A 12 gauge shotgun. In Italy you can buy it but you have to keep it home. Also more security hardware.
They are super cheap and amazing now, all kinds of cameras, sensors and you can control it from your phone.

- I dont know if is ok to stock on some foods that will become expensive or scarce. I am putting a big freezer on my warehouse just in case.

What other things you are doing? What other things would you suggest me? Do you think i worry too much?
Thanks

Get a load of different fruit trees and scatter them around your property, plant a garden for your vegetables. Make sure you have access to clean water.
Battery cells seem to be cheap ATM.
I would avoid Bitcoin, it ain't real and you have no personal control over it
The usual commodities are allways overpriced. Most of the price of gold, platinum, etc.. comes from people being conviced that it has monetary properties and they can store value buying it. If precious metals for example were only used as materials they would be worth much less.
The only difference with bitcoin is that physical commodities have at least some intrinsic value, but nowhere near the prices they are sold at.

Putting a small amount in bitcoin could be worth a lot in the next 1-3 years. Now has been stagnant for a while and when the storm comes late this year or next year it will spike along with gold. The difference is that bitcoin prices could get really really crazy, but is a risky thing to buy and i am not putting too much in it right now.

I think that if governments bail the banks again (and they will do) in the next bull market bitcoin is going to be worth a lot, but not get crazy and put a lot into it. Dont risk what you have and need for what you dont have and you dont need.

And if computers or internet goes out Bitcoin is worthless.

Learn skills. Wiring, plumbing, construction...
If all computers and internet com goes out, we will have bigger problems than bitcoin.
Is theorized that every year there is about 1 percent chance of a Carrington event happening. Solar maximum is coming, it would take 24 hours since early detection until we get hit. If that happens we will be struggling to get enough food and water to survive, bitcoin wouldnt be a real problem.

Beans, rice, flour , pasta, seeds for growing, freezed dried foods etc.... But keep it to yourself. Hungry people do horrible things to eat.
I am following the Gundry diet, great results but cant eat beans, rice, flour or pasta. They have lectins and a lot of carbohydrates.
I was thinking on buying a lot of olive oil and put it in storage. A liter of olive oil has 8200 kcal enough for 3-4 days if you are a big man. A 100 liters of olive oil is very cheap in Italy if you buy it from the producers directly. Combined with other stuff it can keep you alive for more than a year.

I am following the Gundry diet, great results but cant eat beans, rice, flour or pasta. They have lectins and a lot of carbohydrates.
I was thinking on buying a lot of olive oil and put it in storage. A liter of olive oil has 8200 kcal enough for 3-4 days if you are a big man. A 100 liters of olive oil is very cheap in Italy if you buy it from the producers directly. Combined with other stuff it can keep you alive for more than a year.
Your body needs carbohydrates for fuel. Otherwise it will resort to digesting the fat you have stored

Throwing a bay leaf into one’s stored flour, rice, and pasta helps keep critters out

Your body needs carbohydrates for fuel. Otherwise it will resort to digesting the fat you have stored
Well not really, your brain is the one that needs at least some carbohydrates. The rest of your body can in theory function mostly with fats and proteins. You would not 'digest' it, it simply will be metabolycally converted into atp in your cells.

Unfortunately most people can not burn fat because insulin resistance. All that carbohydrate keeps a high level of insulin in your blood permanently and we cant burn fat with high insulin. What happens is that the body will use your muscles as a source of energy instead of the fat in a process called neoglucogenesis, which is very bad of course in a shtf scenario.

Sealed in a Mylar bag with an oxygen absorber works much better
That’s a big Mylar bag for a 50lb bag of flour lol. My vacuum sealer is pretty small.
Although that and canning is great too. I just haven’t figured a viable way for bulk items

Well not really, your brain is the one that needs at least some carbohydrates. The rest of your body can in theory function mostly with fats and proteins. You would not 'digest' it, it simply will be metabolycally converted into atp in your cells.

Unfortunately most people can not burn fat because insulin resistance. All that carbohydrate keeps a high level of insulin in your blood permanently and we cant burn fat with high insulin. What happens is that the body will use your muscles as a source of energy instead of the fat in a process called neoglucogenesis, which is very bad of course in a shtf scenario.
Thanks for correcting/expanding.

Back