diy solar

diy solar

SolarEdge Optimizer Question

BenW

I have P401 SolarEdge power optimizers on 8 - 370w bifacial panels. (P400's on 12 - 340w non-bifacial.) For almost a year the SE7600HD inverter would trip and restart on days when there was a lot of cloud edge power peaking. I narrowed it down to one of the P401 panel/optimizer using the analyser section of the SolarEdge monitoring website. The panel/ optimizer identified was the best power producer of the lot. The problem was only intermittent as said earlier. I changed the optimizer with a new P401 today and noticed now, that panel/optimizer are now towards the bottom of production as compared to the other 7 with P401's. Today was a cloudy day. My questions: Has anyone seen this type behavior on SolarEdge optimizers? Does a power optimizer need some run time to produce at it's best? Could it be it was the best running panel due to an internal issue and with a new optimizer run where it should run and no trips? Thanks for any help!

How were you measuring production? The new optimizer only started counting when activated in the inverters inventory. There may have been some latency before it showed up on the website or app too. See what it does tomorrow.

There's no break in period, if that's what your asking. I'd recheck the connections, just to be sure.

How were you measuring production? The new optimizer only started counting when activated in the inverters inventory. There may have been some latency before it showed up on the website or app too. See what it does tomorrow.
Using the layout and analysis screens. It's supposed to be partly sunny tomorrow, so may be a good test.

Using the layout and analysis screens. It's supposed to be partly sunny tomorrow, so may be a good test.
That optimizer never allowed power production like the one removed. Tried cleaning connector, as well. I replaced with new one from SolarEdge and now it is back to the best performing panel, again. I quess all optimizers are not created equal! I'm going to try and return it.

Back