diy solar

diy solar

SPF5000ES, not return grid?

Paulfrench35

Hello. I have an SPF5000ES and a 16S DIY battery.

I just did a test, when the inverter is running on battery/solar and I open the battery circuit breaker, the inverter cuts power to the whole house, turns off and the Fault light turns red .

Why does the inverter not immediately return to the grid?

Hello. I have an SPF5000ES and a 16S DIY battery.

I just did a test, when the inverter is running on battery/solar and I open the battery circuit breaker, the inverter cuts power to the whole house, turns off and the Fault light turns red .

Why does the inverter not immediately return to the grid?
Change setting #18 to enable "ENA". And see if that helps.

I will give you more details. Parameter #18 is already on ENA. My battery gives 7kWh, in the JKBMS I limited the discharge current to 65A which gives around 3200w and I authorized in the BMS the excess of 65A for 30s (Discharge OCP Delay(S).

When the house (load) does not require more than 3200w everything goes well. The battery drains slowly and when its voltage falls below parameter #12, the inverter returns to the Grid.

My problem, when the house (load) requires 4000w for example, the JKBMS lets more than 65A pass and after 30s cuts off the discharge which causes the inverter to fail. Why is the inverter not returning to the grid?

Why is the inverter not returning to the grid?
Short answer is,
Because it hasn't met a parameter that tells it to.
The Growatt is not seeing an overload or low battery.
It's seeing a loss of battery. Which is an error. Because of the error, it shuts down.
You will have to be diligent in limiting your loads.

Back