diy solar

diy solar

Started DIY construction of Solar Power System for my High Tunnel

mikeenea

Hi all,

I have a high tunnel on my 40-acre farm on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee that I needed power for the propane heater, circulation fans, cover blower and environment controller. I chose a single SunGoldPower SP6548 hybrid inverter, and one of their 5.14KW Powerwall batteries to start. To generate electricity during the day and charge the battery I have 12 375w panels I plan to put in 2 serial strings to the SP6548. I found the area close to the high tunnel with southern exposure and no shading to build both the ground mount solar arrays (3) of them using theEG4 BrightMount Solar Panel Ground Mount Rack Kit and building a small shed next to the arrays for the inverter and battery(s). The shed will eventually be decorated as an outhouse (we are very far out in the country). Here are my first pictures after installing one of the three rows of panels. It is a several month project and I will add pictures as I go. Let me know what you think.

Mike E.

IMG_2845.jpgIMG_2852.jpg

It is the greenhouse looking building in the background of the first picture. Because it is covered in poly it is a "high tunnel".

Mike E.

Back