diy solar

diy solar

Suggestions for next thing to add, or things I should do for safety etc

waynen

Here's my little test system I have pieced together
Charge controller, Amazon, screwed it and strips to a scrap piece of wood for this testing

IMG_2920.JPG

24 Volt 100AH LiFePo4 battery with BMS, I ordered this from china

IMG_2921.JPG
24 volt, 1500 amp inverter

IMG_2919.JPG

TP-Link smart plug, to monitor what exits the inverter
IMG_2923.JPG

200 Watt 24 Volt solar panel, sitting on the ground for this test, only able to get sunlight from around 9:30 am until 5:00 pm due to it's low height,
and trees in the way early morning and house in the way in the evening, will be better once up on the roof for morning, but worse afternoon, ESE facing roof.

IMG_2924.JPG

Load, ran heavy extension cord up into crawlspace and over to attached garage and out. Big router ASUS AC-RT3100, Cable modem, hard drive for data and multimedia, and POE security system running off of the inverter. Ran out of room so the network switch is running from grid power. (excuse the mess)

IMG_2926.JPG

Power draw is around 60 watts, a little more depending on what's being used and how

IMG_2927.PNGIMG_2928.PNG

Here the unit has been running, can see where I added the 24 volt battery, 7 days ago, the orange is the high voltage warning since I hadn't changed the settings over to 24 volt yet, thenwith no load, you see a very rainy all bulk charge day, then a sunny day then 4 days ago finally his float. Next two days had no load so didn't charge much, hooked the inverter up late yesterday, then today 1 panel made 1.14kWh as of 5:00pm.

IMG_0303.PNG

Obvious next items need to be more panels, but what else?

Last edited:
Back